Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cylinder Vectors Rotate Sideways????

Cylinder Vectors Rotate Sideways????

Anyone experience this or know why it happens???? I also do not see any rhyme or reason to this because it will only occurr on some of them where the others are correct.

Help!!!
    sigpicThanks a Millionth

Is this an AutoCylinder? If so make sure you have USE THEO checked. HTH
    sigpic 1.61803399Δ
    ASSIMILATE INTERGRATE SYNTHESIZE

Comment

Use more than 4 hits per level and more than 2 levels. There are 6 cylinders that can be constructed from 8 hits (4 hits/2 levels), including the vector direction.
      sigpic
      Originally posted by AndersI
      I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

I have the same problem. I contacted Hexagom, and was told the same thing Matthew said. Take (3) levels of (4) hits to establish the vector and position of the cylinder. This seems to have worked for me, the cylinders no longer fall over on the graphics display.
        Steven69
        sigpic

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Underspec
          Cylinder keeps flipping on me
          by Underspec
          Measuring off CAD model. When creating the cylinder it looks correct in the graphics window (along Z). But when it's measured, the **** thing flips vectors...
          07-12-2007, 10:20 AM
        • djayne
          Cylinder measurements
          by djayne
          Can anyone tell me the significance for auto cylinders alternating clockwise to counterclockwise on the next row? Should I apply the same measurement...
          05-18-2006, 03:10 PM
        • B. Jacobs
          Auto Cylinder
          by B. Jacobs
          OK here goes.
          I have used the auto cylinder feature a few time with sucess on a hole.
          What I am trying to do now is create a cylinder for...
          05-18-2006, 08:51 AM
        • rerun_lives
          Cylinders and Frustration...
          by rerun_lives
          Has anyone ever had problems tryng to use cylinders that don't seem to want to keep their expected vector direction? I am using 3 rows of points to shoot...
          03-05-2010, 10:32 AM
        • RussL
          Cylinders Issue
          by RussL
          I have culinders in a program, they all inspect fine when viewing part on machine (actual hits all look good).
          I take four hits at two levels....
          03-20-2006, 09:49 AM
        Working...
        X