Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assistance Cam2 ??

G'day Folks,

I know that this is not the correct plact to post this, but I need to know if you can help asap.

I've just finished my position with the firm that I was working for, (business decision). I have been utilizing pcdmis for about 8 years. Currently using version 3.7mr3.

On Tuesday I have been informed that I'll be "quizzed" on the use of a Faro Arm with "cam2" software.

Does anyone know if there is a downloadable manual as there is with pcdmis?

I need to know as soon as possible.

Thanks for all your help folks!! I hope to stay in touch no matter where I end up. This board has alway been a great help.

God Bless,
    ZydecoPete
    sigpic

Go to the Faro web site. Click on "Customer Support" then "Support Center". You will find a manual download there.

Comment

Hello,
      There are many differences between Cam2 and PC DMIS.
      1. The Alignment process
      2. Cam2 is dimension friendly. When reporting the dia of a cir, this needs to be done when measuring. You can't go back and recal the dia size later like PC DMIS
      3. I had issues with the cad interface. There is an option, in which you manually enter or pick a point to measure and you can use the "Home in option". This is an audible tone that lets you know when you are getting close to the target location. And you can set the software to automatically take the point when the area is reached.
      4. You can take pictures of the actual part, isert them as .jpg's, use the arrows and sphere addins to show point locations. This appears on the next measured feature. This is good for cpk data.
      5. Cam2 has bugs also, you must deselect the auto save option in your report mode, or the crash will get you.
      6. The alignment is done in two processes. First you will do a 3-2-1 alignment, then you will do a cad=part. This is always done with or without cad. This moves the Faro origin to the part origin.

A.Gore
      sigpicA.Gore

Comment

Ag162,

Thanks for the "headsup". I understand that I am going to be "grilled" at my interview tomorrow morning.
        Wish me luck !!

Thanks for your input. It is always appreciated.

Blessings,
        ZydecoPete
        sigpic

Comment