PCDMIS CAD upgrade to CAD++

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCDMIS CAD upgrade to CAD++

HI guys, hoping someone can offer some advice, bearing in mind that in out part of the world we are often fairly short on technical resources. We are running V3.7mr3 and are very happy with it. We have finally got approval (after nearly 18 months of trying) to go from CAD to CAD++ but because our SMA expired about 18 months ago the local rep reckons we have to buy a whole new set up at V4.2 for around US$14,500. Seems a bit steep to me!
    Is there a way of us moving from 3.7mr3 CAD to 3.7mr3 CAD++ and if so how would we go about it, surely it is just a different licence key?

Hoping somebody out there has done a similar thing, trouble is our Hexagon agent is just a cowboy who is really unfamiliar with the ins and outs of the Demon

All I have numbers on is a off-line cad++ seat is 11,000 US dollars. Since you are from down under, what type money are you refering to? But with the SMA and all I suppose that a little steep considering you are only adding ++. I will get a hold of my guy and ask him tomorrow.
    sigpicSummer Time. Gotta Love it!

Comment

Originally posted by Tony.Hirotec.Aus View Post
      HI guys, hoping someone can offer some advice, bearing in mind that in out part of the world we are often fairly short on technical resources. We are running V3.7mr3 and are very happy with it. We have finally got approval (after nearly 18 months of trying) to go from CAD to CAD++ but because our SMA expired about 18 months ago the local rep reckons we have to buy a whole new set up at V4.2 for around US$14,500. Seems a bit steep to me!
      Is there a way of us moving from 3.7mr3 CAD to 3.7mr3 CAD++ and if so how would we go about it, surely it is just a different licence key?

Hoping somebody out there has done a similar thing, trouble is our Hexagon agent is just a cowboy who is really unfamiliar with the ins and outs of the Demon
      Nothing like competition to change their minds about pricing...

Get a quote from a local dealer on another CMM software upgrade and wait. The next time the Hexagon guys calls about the upgrade(and he will), just let him know that you decided to go with another brand because the price is too high for PCDMIS. Make sure you give him the reason. The price will come down.... they hate to lose orders.
      Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

Paul
        I was referring to US Dollars, price was $18,000 Australian, if they are telling us that we are buying a whole new seat does that mean we can sell our old seat, maybe to Libya or North Korea, like Mitutoyo did?

Comment

Paul
          I was referring to US Dollars, price was $18,000 Australian, if they are telling us that we are buying a whole new seat does that mean we can sell our old seat, maybe to Libya or North Korea, like Mitutoyo did?
          They should be able to give you a better deal than that.
          The price difference between CAD and CAD++ is not 10K.
          You should have to pay to get your SMA current and then the difference.
          All they need to do is send you a file to reprogram your portlock and you can then download 3.7MR3 or any other version.
          Talk to someone else at B&S.

Hey Wilcox! Are you guys hearing this?
          Lately, it occurs to me
          What a long, strange trip it's been.

2017 R1 (Offline programming)

Comment

Thanks guys, I just can't work out why everyone wants to bend you over and give you a good hard one every chance they get

Comment

Thanks guys, I just can't work out why everyone wants to bend you over and give you a good hard one every chance they get
              Hornified greed
              sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

You should just have to reprogram your dongle with a file they will send you. You shouldn't have to buy another seat.
                sigpic GDTPS - 0584

Comment

Because they can !

Because they are ******** !

Each year for SMA should be $3K to $3.5K, the upgrade to Cad ++ should be aprox $7K....The cad ++ I am not sure about, but I bet I am in the ballpark.
                  Jim Jewell

Comment

Tony,

The ++ is only a module that you need to purchase. Tell him you want the module ONLY! If you run custprog.exe from your PCDMIS directory you will see the drop down modules that you have.
                    I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
                    PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
                    PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

I agree with what all was said. My guy did not return my call. Maybe the "Big Brother" (the Forum) tipped him off. Tell them what underspec said and if that does not work tell them that you were told to look for other options with different software.
                      sigpicSummer Time. Gotta Love it!

Comment

Another software is not an option anyone would believe. Hirotec have seven sites worldwide and only one of them has LK DMIS, the rest is all PDMIS

Comment

Another software is not an option anyone would believe. Hirotec have seven sites worldwide and only one of them has LK DMIS, the rest is all PDMIS
                          Well, I guess that is why you have no choice and why they are willing to bend you over. They dont care until you care enough to tell them you want another software. No one at your company cares?? Get your purchasing agent involved, they usually care about this kind of stuff.
                          Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

Thank you very much gentlemen, particularly Underspec. It seems that your information was 100% correct, resulting in a much more reasonable price and no SMA

Comment

the upgrade has been completed, all we got was a different password, no need to reload any software, change settings etc. Thanks very much once again for your input

Comment