Confused hole on 2nd (X plus) workplane

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Confused hole on 2nd (X plus) workplane

    Running a program and when I go to the X plus to check hole diamter and location the probe enters the hole well below the center line and continues to probe from that location. When plate checked the part comes out right and all other features seem to be utilizing the correct prehit and retract distances.

    Does anyone know what I did to get it this way? And how do I correct it?

  • #2
    Is it an autofeature or learned? Take a look at your theoreticals versus actuals. They should be very similar. If you can, post a copy of that section of your program. Some of the gurus here may see something that's out of wack.
    When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      You are in the correct plane and your target vectors are correct?
      sigpicSummer Time. Gotta Love it!

      Comment


      • #4
        CIR19789 =FEAT/CIRCLE,RECT,IN,LEAST_SQR
        THEO/1.2726,-6.9925,1.7089,1,0.0000014,0,0.2502
        ACTL/1.272,-7.0026,1.7488,1,0,0,0.2511
        MEAS/CIRCLE,5,WORKPLANE

        I think I see what your saying. The 1.7089 theo is .040 off of the actl. Should I check copy to actuals. Someone told me there is some bad Voodoo with copy to actuals.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Paul Sarrach
          You are in the correct plane and your target vectors are correct?

          Yea, I'm pretty sure thats all good.

          Comment


          • #6
            DO YOU HAVE A GOOD PROBE CALIBRATION FOR THAT ROTATION?
            sigpic
            Southern Man don't need him around anyhow!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by george frick
              DO YOU HAVE A GOOD PROBE CALIBRATION FOR THAT ROTATION?

              I just calibrated and it looks great. Good idea though, I should have checked that right away.

              Comment


              • #8
                LOOKS LIKE YOUR ONLY OUT IN Z. TAKE A MANUAL HIT ON A FLAT SURFACE IN Z ON THE PART & SEE WHERE YOUR AT. .040 OFF? WE CAN GO FROM THERE.
                sigpic
                Southern Man don't need him around anyhow!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Where should the hole be in zaxis? Your theo. should be that.
                  When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Devaney
                    CIR19789 =FEAT/CIRCLE,RECT,IN,LEAST_SQR
                    THEO/1.2726,-6.9925,1.7089,1,0.0000014,0,0.2502
                    ACTL/1.272,-7.0026,1.7488,1,0,0,0.2511
                    MEAS/CIRCLE,5,WORKPLANE

                    I think I see what your saying. The 1.7089 theo is .040 off of the actl. Should I check copy to actuals. Someone told me there is some bad Voodoo with copy to actuals.
                    The hole has an X vector so the Z offset wouldn't affect the depth it measures at.You need to look at the X coordinate. Use auto features to measure the circle with sample hits to find the X face then adjust the nominal if nesc.
                    James Temmen

                    There is no job so simple that it can't be done wrong.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by george frick
                      LOOKS LIKE YOUR ONLY OUT IN Z. TAKE A MANUAL HIT ON A FLAT SURFACE IN Z ON THE PART & SEE WHERE YOUR AT. .040 OFF? WE CAN GO FROM THERE.

                      Everything looks good there too. This is an older program and it's taking readings well enough. I've taken and changed the theos to the print and it seems to run better.

                      Comment

                      Related Topics

                      Collapse

                      Working...
                      X