Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updating Dimension Numbers

Good Morning Everybody!
    I got a question, first I need to tell you, when we program a part for checking, we have to put in trim check points about every .05. We build dies for the automotive stamping industry. Our initial parts are usually, more than not, way off on the trim. Part of my job of course, is to fingdout where the trim is so that design can change it on the next set of strips, and so on and so forth, until we get it right.

So I got a program with all these points, we got a good part finally, I need to take the majority of trim pointe out. I take them out quickly, then I have to renumber the dimension numbers in descending order.

Question: Is there a way to automatically renumber these dimension points and not take the time to do each one manually?

P.S. Don't Laugh. There are no dumb questions! LOL
    sigpic

Delete all of them and re-output them. The numbering sequence will reorder itself.
    James Temmen

There is no job so simple that it can't be done wrong.

Comment

Well, you can use EDIT ~ DELETE then select DIMENSIONS, then select ALL, delete them all, then put in fresh, new dimensions in the program, at the end. As for re-numbering them, MAN, the DOS days were NICE! This was a function in the DOS version of Pcdmis, it would do it automatically for you, all the way through the program. I guess it just wasn't handy enough to keep in the windoze version. BUT, I think I have heard about something on the Wilcox site that will do this for you, but I am not 100% sure.
      sigpic
      Originally posted by AndersI
      I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

DANG IT Temmen, wait your turn! There were no replies when I started typing and then you go and barge in on me! Of all the nerve! You need to learn respect for your elder, more prolific posters, dad-gum-it!
        sigpic
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Matt is right the Wilcox site has a download that will do what you want, but you will need to have VB installed for it to work. It is called labels update script.
          Time for the Trolls to leave.

Comment

LOL! Is there a way to do that, but have it put each dimension right after it checks the feature in the program? Thanks in advance for your help!!
            sigpic

Comment

Good Morning

I have an executable that will re-name all dimensions. It may also be on the Wilcox Site. (Edit Feature Labels) I will send it to you if you would like.

Scott

Comment

Yes! Thank you Scott. Can you send it to me. I'd really appreciate it! Thank you again!
                sigpic

Comment

Hey TEMMEN, I didn't make you made, did I? You didn't respond to my post, I was just joking, eh?
                  sigpic

Comment