Playing Sounds through PCDMIS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing Sounds through PCDMIS

Looking to implement sound files into programs...

I haven't really researched it yet, I wanted to know from you guys if it's possible and easy to do.
    I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
    PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
    PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

I've done it. Insert / external object . When I get a minute I'll post a section of a program. Just like adding a picture, if you've done that.
    When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
    sigpic

Comment

Insert a wave file as an external object. Then don't forget to mark it. You'll have to look under the help file to see how to mark it. There are several options on how it is marked.
      PC-DMIS 2016.0 SP8

Jeff

Comment

Use this link to make TEXT-TO-SPEACH files, they are fun to insert into programs. You can use whatever 'text' you want and there are several voices as well.

http://public.research.att.com/~ttsweb/tts/demo.php
        sigpic
        Originally posted by AndersI
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Matt, how do you insert them?
          sigpicSummer Time. Gotta Love it!

Comment

Paul, You insert it as a print object.

Matt, Is there a way to close windows media player after the wave file finishes playing?
            James Temmen

There is no job so simple that it can't be done wrong.

Comment

Dont get it. I have never inserted a print object. I looked in the help, no help.
              A little more detail for my limited mind. Do you have a copy of something you did?

Thanks
              Paul

Comment

you create a batch file (xxxxx.bat) and in it you type in, ( start c:\blah\blah.wav) or .jpg if you want to show a picture.

you then call out the batch file using the external command.
                I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
                PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
                PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

This is great! I love it. I am going to have some fun with the tool room, I can't wait for them all to huddle around the computer screen waiting for the part program to finish
                  I might not love my job, but I love the ones it feeds!

Comment

Originally posted by Underspec
                    you create a batch file (xxxxx.bat) and in it you type in, ( start c:\blah\blah.wav) or .jpg if you want to show a picture.

you then call out the batch file using the external command.
                    Can you nsend me a copy of the batch file ,I can't seem to get it to work. Thanks
                    James Temmen

Comment

Somethings make me feel like a real moron. This is one of them. How do you make a .bat file?

Comment

Open a DOS COMMAND window, type in EDIT THIS.BAT and you will then be able to type in the commands you want the batch file to run.

---OR---

I think you can do it by right-clicking in the folder you want the file in, tell it to create a new TXT file, open and edit it and save it, then rename it THIS.BAT (or whatever THIS will be), and run it.
                        sigpic
                        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Open MEDIA player and de-select WAV files as one of it's default file types, then meadis player shouldn't even open, it should just run 'inside' Pcdmis.
                          sigpic

Comment

HI
                            As Russ says you could have great fun with this but how do you get it to close and carry on with the prog?
                            There is no such thing as a problem, only a challenge

Comment

It must be my turn to play the town fool, I need examples of what either the pc-dmis program code used to start the wav file directly and/or an example batch file. I are not gettin' it.
                              James Temmen

Comment