CAST PLANES FROM CIRCLES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAST PLANES FROM CIRCLES

I used to contruct planes from circles and then use those planes for checking parallel of them back to the datum plane. I have done this with 3.7MR2 and I usually get nothing but a zero measurement. I swear I used to be able to get variation using 3.2063/3.5, but I can't recall with 100% confidence, you know the age thing. Am I imagining this or can you use the constructed planes from measured diameters (with a min of 3 sample hits of course) to get the parallel. any one got any input other than I need to be checked for alzheimers?

circle's

Hello,

Using 3 circle's with 3 sample hits is a good way of forming a plane to use for alignment. I use V3.7 mr3 and have no problems. In the old days with old versions it was also possible

John
    sigpic If only all problems were so simple

Comment

Need to check to see if you are using the proper workplane
      sigpic

Comment

cast planes

I have done this in the past using cast planes from circles (3.5mr2). I have noticed that if you are using a cad model that if you do not select the top planner surface from the circle to create the plane with your sample hits it does not give you the right height. We do the circle with find hole and then translate the origan to the hole and then do four points on the planner surface to create a plane from the four points. Its a little more work but we have found that we get better results. The plane that we created is sellected first then the datum plane to get the parallelism back to the datum. I hope this helps. Its early I need more JAVA
        sigpicRegards,
        Donald Henger
        B&S Micro Excel Pfx
        3.5mr2 & 3.7mr3
        PHH10MQ, TP20 & TP2
        Country Rocks,But Bluegrass RULES!!!

Comment

maybe I didn't explain this very well. after all of the alignments are completed and I am now dimensioning a part, I measure a circle using auto features and at least 3 sample hits. Then I construct a plane from that same single circle. This circle is on a plane that is parallel to the datum plane, just on a different surface. Then because there is a call out for parallelism of that surface that the circle was measured on back to the datum plane -A-, can I use that constructed(cast) plane, from that measured circle with sample hits to check parallelism of that constructed(cast) plane to the datum plane. Of course they are all in the same workplane, lets say z plus. Is this clearer? anyone?

Comment