Jog Mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jog Mode

good afternoon, i have a question about Jog Mode( mach/part/probe) How important is this. i havent seen anything in the posts about it so i am curious about it. i have parts that use datums that are cylinders with +/-.005" tp callouts and +/-.001" diameters that i think that this might affect the programs.

Jog modes on the joystick box (that doesn't even sound right) are for manual moves only. If you're running DCC, don't worry about it. If you are in manual mode, it does help to hit normal to the surface if you're on an angle, or the probe is angled.
    sigpic Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, but rather a skid in broadside, totally worn, proclaiming WOW What a ride!

Comment

but if im creating my program using manual hits, would that affect the dcc hits?

Comment

Use Auto Features with pre-hits, this will correct any probe cosine error.
        sigpicSummer Time. Gotta Love it!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Watts View Post
          but if im creating my program using manual hits, would that affect the dcc hits?
          That is why after creating a 'learned' feature you want to F9 it and set the nominals and regenerate the hits.

Comment

i will try it, but ive never used any auto features except for auto circle to check location of a threaded hole. Ill give it a try though

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck View Post
              That is why after creating a 'learned' feature you want to F9 it and set the nominals and regenerate the hits.
              99 times out of 100 I edit right in the edit window.
              <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

i will try it, but ive never used any auto features except for auto circle to check location of a threaded hole. Ill give it a try though

Open the Auto Feature you want, say a Surface Point. Set the pre-Hits to 3, then click on the part where you want to take the point. Look at bottum left of window and it will tell you what to do, works great with Circle too.

Comment

Originally posted by craiger_ny View Post
                  99 times out of 100 I edit right in the edit window.
                  Yeah, I do too but when you hit F9 it becomes more clear what you are editing.

Also, sometimes when I edit in the edit window and then go back and edit the feature a second time (because I goofed) it doesn't prompt to updated measured values or hits.

Also #2 - in F9 if you don't change the number of hits it won't regenerate them.

Comment

now im lost. pcdmis3.5mr1
                    no cad just part. do i need cad for this cause i dont have cad drawings. i have the autofeature open and am lost as to what to do next. im trying it out on a 1" ring gage to test the features. i have a cylinder on id for alignment. what next, i need to try to create a cylinder on the id

Comment

ok i got it now, ive just created my first auto cylinder

Comment

ok i got it now, ive just created my first auto cylinder
                        http://www.esreconvilier.net/UserFil...e/Applause.gif

Comment