profile of a line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• profile of a line

i have a profile of a line callout on a print it is to the centre of a groove using cad data i measured points on the inside an then the outside of the groove i created midpoints between the measured features,i took the midpoints an created a line i can see a deviation of approx 1.2 mils in the y value between the Theo an the Actt line but when i do the profile an get a very small error .07 i tried different workplanes what am i missing thx

Jesse, please fill in all user info per http://www.pcdmisforum.com/showthrea...highlight=user.

Thanks, Jan.
    PC-DMIS/NC 2010MR3; 15 December 2010; running on 18 machine tools.
    Romer Infinite; PC-DMIS 2010 MR3; 15 December 2010.

Comment

Hard to say. Are you using Profile Form AND Location or Form ONLY?
      Bill Jarrells
      A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. - Mark Twain

Comment

i am using profile an form i am using 3.7r3 i will fill the user info next time i am really stuck for time

Comment

Originally posted by jessejames View Post
          i am using profile an form i am using 3.7r3 i will fill the user info next time i am really stuck for time
          I'M CONFUSED . . .

I believe the question to you JesseJames was: Are you using Profile Form AND Location or Form ONLY?

There's a BIG DIFFERENCE...
          sigpic
          Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
          PCDMIS 2012
          Windows Office XP

Comment

i am using profile form an location

Comment

OK, I want to get this straight.

You picked points from a model and measured them so you KNOW the nominals are correct.

You constructed mid points from two sets of points (presumably 'diametrally opposed' or as close as you can get). Since the original points taken from the model are defined correctly then you KNOW the midpoint set is defined correctly.

You construct a line from all the midpoints you just constructed.

You profile this line and graphically is shows up as 1.2mm but reports as 0.7mm?

OK, when you construct this line which plane do you construct it in?
              Bill Jarrells
              A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. - Mark Twain

Comment