Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V4.1 Fit to datums

Question for the 4 heads

I have program written in V4.1 and need to know why if you have constructed your alignment and the TP FCF does not call out MMC why you would use "Fit to Datums"? Is this acceptable? If you build your alignment properly you should not have to do this. Correct?

TIA

Duane
    Xcel & MicroVal Pfx & Global 37mr4 thru 2012mr1sp3
    Contura Calypso 5.4

Lord, keep Your arm around my shoulder and Your hand over my mouth. Amen.

"Fit to datums" just allows you to align to different datums for your TP dim without changing your active alignment. In your case, if the active alignment and the datum callouts in the FCF match they should be the same.

Comment

Originally posted by dwade View Post
      Question for the 4 heads

I have program written in V4.1 and need to know why if you have constructed your alignment and the TP FCF does not call out MMC why you would use "Fit to Datums"? Is this acceptable? If you build your alignment properly you should not have to do this. Correct?

TIA

Duane
      Sounds right to me. I do not use the fit to datums.
      sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

I am not entirely sure, but I think that this option allows your feature to be "fitted" to the actual datum measurements, regardless of alignment. You want to do this if your datums have VC's on them. Doing this will (per the standard) try to minimize your TP error. It does the evaluation as if you were trying to apply a hard gauge, which gives you "wiggle" room within the VC's of the datums. When one of the datums does not meet the MMC requirements for size (would have a negative VC), PC-DMIS will revert to RFS for the whole evaluation.

This does not particularly work well in the released version of 4.1; there are a few minor issues. These have been corrected in 4.2 and it works now.

Jan.
        PC-DMIS/NC 2010MR3; 15 December 2010; running on 18 machine tools.
        Romer Infinite; PC-DMIS 2010 MR3; 15 December 2010.

Comment

One other question when using MMC for datum bonus.
          Plane = A, ID = C and tabs = B. When applying "use Datums" for MMC do I not use datum A as a constraint? I thought the only datum features you checked were the ones you were appying MMC from. Yes?
          Contura Calypso 5.4

Comment

One other question when using MMC for datum bonus.
            Plane = A, ID = C and tabs = B. When applying "use Datums" for MMC do I not use datum A as a constraint? I thought the only datum features you checked were the ones you were appying MMC from. Yes?
            Version 3.7 can NOT evaluate MMC to datums. You will have to use V4.2 in order to get that done right.

Jan.

Comment

The CMM I am working with is running V4.1.

I can load V4.2 om it tomorrow and will try running the program again.

Duane
              Contura Calypso 5.4

Comment

The CMM I am working with is running V4.1.

I can load V4.2 om it tomorrow and will try running the program again.

Duane
                Oops, sorry. I saw 3.7 listed with the other machine in your profile.....

4.1 ought to do it too, but 4.2 has some small issues resolved. If you have MMC on your datums, I certainly suggest to upgrade to 4.2.

Jan.

Comment