F1 Help key keeps crashing pcdmis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 Help key keeps crashing pcdmis?

I'm running 4.1 on a fresh install of XP. Whenever I hit the F1 key, I get the following error:

"PCDLRN has encountered a problem and needs to close"

This is the standard Windows "Send Error Report / Don't Send" message. As soon as it's dismissed, so is pcdmis.

Any help would certainly be appreciated?

Never heard of that before. What happens when you just click on Help on the Tool Bar, or hit Ctrl H?
    sigpicSummer Time. Gotta Love it!

Comment

The same thing happens when I hit the drop-down list "Help" and Ctrl+H doesn't do anything.

I have recently updated Internet Explorer to 7.0 and downloaded a few Windows updates.

I'm hoping that it's not IE 7.0 because I like that version, I use it on all of my PC's.

Comment

Thanks but nevermind. I just did a search for "Internet Explorer" on here and found the stuff I was looking for.

Forums that don't allow search terms with less than 4 characters SUCK! This is 2007, technology can't be supressed like that!

If only my initial search for "F1 Help" would have worked...

Comment

Originally posted by badhorsie View Post
          Thanks but nevermind. I just did a search for "Internet Explorer" on here and found the stuff I was looking for.

Forums that don't allow search terms with less than 4 characters SUCK! This is 2007, technology can't be supressed like that!

If only my initial search for "F1 Help" would have worked...

Woooooaaaaaaa badhosie, slow down, its gonna be alright, there, there!
          sigpicSummer Time. Gotta Love it!

Comment

I take it you found this information about IE7 crashing the help file. I just thought I'd put it here for anyone else experiencing the problem who may look into this thread.

While I'm at it, here is the hotfix for XP SP2 even though it wasn't mentioned above.

Comment

Thank-you Goodluck, I was having the same problem as I am sure many
              people are. I never connected it to updating EXPLORER ! The fix works great.
              GLOBAL FX 12-15-10
              3.7MR3, XP/SP2
              EXCEL 12-20-10, 9-12-9, 7-10-7

Comment

I heard that if you are surfing inappropriate stuff at work this happens.
                I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
                PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
                PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment