Mirror Program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mirror Program

Ok I created a program for a right side on a part.I difined my out-put nominal
    dimensions to be print out.Now when I mirrored this program to create a program for the leftside it runs fine but when the report is print out,my nominals changed.I have difine them again.I guess this is normal,since I'm going from Negative to Positeve or vice-versa.Please advice.

mirror

Hi,

When you mirror a program, then the values of one of the axis will always change from + to - or visa versa. If you mirror around the Y asix (automobile or aerospace parts) then the values in the Y will change from + to -. When I mirror, the part program is good, only often the A and B values from the probe are al screwed up.

John
    sigpic If only all problems were so simple

Comment

When you output the features on the first side, if you changed a nominal in the dimension but not the THEO line of that feature when you mirror it the dimension will go back to the THEO not what you edited it to in the first side.
      James Temmen

There is no job so simple that it can't be done wrong.

Comment

Yes, J temmem you're right,but some times you have to program from a different origen from your out-put report,for what ever reason if you change your origen on the out-put and then it asks you if you want to change your
        Theo line,If you hit ok then will change your Theo in the command,but it's a different origen.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Aguayo
          Yes, J temmem you're right,but some times you have to program from a different origen from your out-put report,for what ever reason if you change your origen on the out-put and then it asks you if you want to change your
          Theo line,If you hit ok then will change your Theo in the command,but it's a different origen.

Thanks
          But it should make the adjustment correctly for the alignment it was measured in.
          James Temmen

There is no job so simple that it can't be done wrong.

Comment

In my opinion, it is a good practice to run your mirrored program off-line first before running it on-line. Then check and modify your nominals in the dimension sections for these changes especially angles and the + and - signs of the nominals.

Comment