Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reporting

Gday All,
    Is it possible for me to import a customers generic report form into PCDmis (4.1) and annotate it with the dimensions which are being measured. If so any guidance would be very much appreciated, i am a bit of a newbie to this site but i didnt send the hi im a newbie post, please forgive me. Have been working with PcDmis for about 7 years but have never needed to do this before .Cheers
    the_cougar.JPG
    The Cougar

I do not believe this can be done.....reporting in 4.x is setup so that you can make custom reports (templates) for individual customers if and when needed (or just a generic report).
    and then export to PDF or Excell if needed as well...

HTH
    bob
    Which one gets ridden today? MPH vs MPG..tough choice, both are FUN
    sigpic

Starrett RGDC 4028-24 :alien:
    Demon vintages 3.7, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by Barry Dawson View Post
      Gday All,
      Is it possible for me to import a customers generic report form into PCDmis (4.1) and annotate it with the dimensions which are being measured. If so any guidance would be very much appreciated, i am a bit of a newbie to this site but i didnt send the hi im a newbie post, please forgive me. Have been working with PcDmis for about 7 years but have never needed to do this before .Cheers
      [ATTACH]1713[/ATTACH]
      The Cougar
      Are you attempting to use a report template produced by someone else? If so, yes you should be able to use it. Even if you don't have all the label templates it may still work. Perhaps JARED HESS will respond to the question and clear anything not answered.

If you are referring to a form inserted into the program, again I would say yes that can be done. As long as any objects in the form that are linked to the form (I don't link things, I insert them directly into the form) are sent along with the form and re-inserted once put onto you're computer.

Both of these situations would require that you have the same version or higher than the person that you are going to get this from. Any further assistance let me know.

Take a look at this template training document it may help you.

CLICK HERE
      Last edited by JamesMannes; 08-20-2007, 09:21 PM.
      sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Gday,
        Thanks for responding, The form of which i am talking about has not been written in PcDmis. It is a generic form from the customer (which i am yet to recieve) which ties in with their quality system, I was just wondering if it happened to be in Excel for example would i be able to assign certain values from my report into respective area in the form.

Or will i need to create my own Excel spreadsheet ?, i have saved data to excel many times through the file/writeline method, this works ok but a fair bit of messing around is required to arrange this text (im no macro guru) because as you would already know it just lines all the data up on the left hand side of the page one under the other.

James the link you put on your last post may help me but my poxy system gives me blockage message when i try and read it ("Personal Network Storage and Backup" is filtered)is the message i get , would it be possible for you to email something to me? not sure if it will make a difference if i still cant read it i may be able to get IT onto it. Cheers again.
        Last edited by Barry Dawson; 08-20-2007, 11:39 PM.

Comment

What you may be able to do is the following:
          • take the Excel file and export it to a TXT file.
          • take the Excel file and export it to a TXT file and store the values in variables.
          • create a custom Fileheader for this customer.
          • and store the values in variables.
          • Then load these variables into the FileHeader. There are several threads on this forum that explain how to do that.

In this scenario, the only thing you need to do is convert the Excel file to a TXT file and read it into PC-DMIS. The rest you can program.

Jan.
          Last edited by Jan d.; 08-21-2007, 08:26 AM.
          PC-DMIS/NC 2010MR3; 15 December 2010; running on 18 machine tools.
          Romer Infinite; PC-DMIS 2010 MR3; 15 December 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry Dawson View Post
            Gday,
            James the link you put on your last post may help me but my poxy system gives me blockage message when i try and read it ("Personal Network Storage and Backup" is filtered)is the message i get , would it be possible for you to email something to me? not sure if it will make a difference if i still cant read it i may be able to get IT onto it. Cheers again.
            The powerpoint presentation is 7.25 meg. Can you're email accomodate that size file?

[email protected]
            sigpic

James Mannes

Comment