Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Measured Circle

Hello

Question about Measured Circle, I have aligned a part and I am planning to use the measured Circle option to manually measure a circle ( then use DCC to measure it ) ; Circle is not aligned with none of 3 main axis ( x,y,z). after touching points once I push the Enter, program asks me to change the Working plane to X+ ( for example). then when I push Enter again, it just make my Circle with a few touch points that I have already taken. I delete the feature and touch it again , NOW circle is parallel to one of the main aixses. I choosed 3D then circle will change in to my desired one.

Instead of doing all above steps, Is there any way to introduce this Measured Circle as " 3D " before touching circle? then we do not have to answer to change working plane and circle is excatly oriented to what it should be from begining?

Thank you

Are you using a cad file?
    sigpicA.Gore

Comment

You could try creating an auto-circle as noted in the attached screen shot from the help files.
      Last edited by John Riggins; 09-28-2007, 05:50 PM.
      Lately, it occurs to me
      What a long, strange trip it's been.

2017 R1 (Offline programming)

Comment

Originally posted by John Riggins View Post
        [ATTACH]1712[/ATTACH]

You could try creating an auto-circle as noted in the attached screen shot from the help files.

That will do it.
        sigpicSummer Time. Gotta Love it!

Comment

Originally posted by ag162 View Post
          Are you using a cad file?
          Yes I am, once you make alignment with or without CAD this will happens

Comment

Originally posted by John Riggins View Post
            [ATTACH]1712[/ATTACH]

in this I can not use that, because the PIN that I am measureing a Circle on it is engaged from both ends, AUTO Circle needs to stop at the top of the Circle first then goes around the Circle and measure it, since the pin is both sides engaged, Probe will hot the holders.

Comment

I'm out of here in a cpl min, but will drop in again after I get home. But if you pick the points on the cad file, you should not be prompted to change the work plane.........now if you pick the points for the auto circle without picking the cad file, you will be prompted then.

A.Gore
              sigpicA.Gore

Comment

Originally posted by ag162 View Post
                I'm out of here in a cpl min, but will drop in again after I get home. But if you pick the points on the cad file, you should not be prompted to change the work plane.........now if you pick the points for the auto circle without picking the cad file, you will be prompted then.

A.Gore
                no I have not picked points on CAD, actually I am talking about MEASURED CIRCLE not constructed one. I am measuring that manually.

Comment

Picking points on the model doesn't mean you have to 'construct' a circle. You can pick points and create a measured circle. That way the nominals (including the IJK Vectors should be correct). Am I wrong?
                  Bill Jarrells
                  A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. - Mark Twain

Comment

When you pick the circle on the cad, this eliminates the error of manually creating the circle.
                    Open the auto feature option, choose circle, when the auto feature opens, pick three points on the circumfrence of the cad circle, this will then show the vectors. Also make sure that you have a min of 3 sample hits. Then whether manually or dcc, you will pick on the create point of the window and measure the circle.

A.Gore
                    sigpicA.Gore

Comment

I think he wants to skip portions to avoid unexpected hit. Can't he just leave autofeature off, pick 3 or 4 or 5 points on the circle then hit end?
                      Bill Jarrells
                      A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. - Mark Twain

Comment

Without using the auto feature, you will have to level to the work plane, depending on the plane, this may also require an additional alignment (especially if the plane is not true to x,y or z). If I had a sketch or the feature and the reason it is causing this delima, I could assist a little more. The auto feature is very easily adjusted, if the hole is only a radius or crescent shape etc...... This is adjusted by start and end angles, with this you can also adjust the vectors by having the auto feature for the circle open, zero out all variables, have three sample hits selected and pick the circle manually with three sample hits and 4 hits on the area of the circle needed. With this, you should not receive the workplane msg. But again, this may introduce some error. The best way to do this is picking the cad and adjusting the hits.

A.Gore
                        sigpicA.Gore

Comment

OK. It sounded like he had a pin going through the hole and had spots on two dif sides that he needed to clear. Can he adjust ALL points to clear more than one obstacle?

I am used to a dif DMIS where I could just click on the feature and grab everything I wanted to know (all nominals including approach vector etc), Then I could plug them into a taught circle and all would be right with the world.

Hmm, I realy need to use models with PC DMIS more.
                          Bill Jarrells

Comment

Originally posted by TigerShark View Post
                            Hello

Question about Measured Circle, I have aligned a part and I am planning to use the measured Circle option to manually measure a circle ( then use DCC to measure it ) ; Circle is not aligned with none of 3 main axis ( x,y,z). after touching points once I push the Enter, program asks me to change the Working plane to X+ ( for example). then when I push Enter again, it just make my Circle with a few touch points that I have already taken. I delete the feature and touch it again , NOW circle is parallel to one of the main aixses. I choosed 3D then circle will change in to my desired one.

Instead of doing all above steps, Is there any way to introduce this Measured Circle as " 3D " before touching circle? then we do not have to answer to change working plane and circle is excatly oriented to what it should be from begining?

Thank you
                            Switching to the correct plane must be a habit when programming. Especially if you're not doing autofeatures nor Cad.
                            a) Fix correct plane (i.e. X+)
                            b) Take 3 point manually, press end.
                            c) Edit (F9) starting/end angle (i.e. zero to 180 deg), diam, # of hits.
                            d) Ctrl+E (execute feature)

Perhaps you want to change to 4 equally spaced hits when editing.

Hope it helps.
                            sigpicIt's corona time!
                            737 Xcel Cad++ v2009MR1....SE HABLA ESPAƑOL

Comment

Originally posted by Wingman View Post
                              Picking points on the model doesn't mean you have to 'construct' a circle. You can pick points and create a measured circle. That way the nominals (including the IJK Vectors should be correct). Am I wrong?
                              No you are not Wrong, but my subject is " Measured Circles", can you create Measured features from CAD? the answer is No.

Comment