Air pressure fault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air pressure fault

I have an air pressure fault or lube fault error. I have air supply to the CMM but I can't get the machine to start. What's next? Currently running MM4.

Does the air pressure read w/in your machines operational range?
    sigpic 1.61803399Δ
    ASSIMILATE INTERGRATE SYNTHESIZE

Comment

What's the machine brand and model year?
      PC-DMIS/NC 2010MR3; 15 December 2010; running on 18 machine tools.
      Romer Infinite; PC-DMIS 2010 MR3; 15 December 2010.

Comment

I cut the air supply and the air kinda back flushed some debris or moisture or something. I also emptied the cylinders that had moisture and debris in them. Apparently with the temperatures in the 100's there is a lot of moisture in our air supply, more than our air dryers can handle anyway.

Comment

So the problem is resolved?
          Lately, it occurs to me
          What a long, strange trip it's been.

2017 R1 (Offline programming)

Comment

You should present this issue to management ASAP. Moisture in your airbearings can foul things up. Make sure that there isn't any oil residue as this can be seriously detrimental to your machine. Either way you should persuade the powers that be to install a failsafe filter inline right before your machine.
            sigpic 1.61803399Δ
            ASSIMILATE INTERGRATE SYNTHESIZE

Comment

Yes, the matter of starting the machine is resolved, but how did I get so much moisture in the line to begin with? We have an air dryer system serviced periodically an outside vender and I bleed the lines at least twice a week, but I still had water in the canisters at the final filters.

Comment

We have an air dryer system that cleans/dries the air from the compressers and it is serviced periodically by an outside vender. I bleed the lines at least twice a week, but I still had water in the canisters at the final filters. Also I could see water droplets in the air line from the dryer to the CMM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brainedwashed View Post
                  We have an air dryer system that cleans/dries the air from the compressers and it is serviced periodically by an outside vender. I bleed the lines at least twice a week, but I still had water in the canisters at the final filters. Also I could see water droplets in the air line from the dryer to the CMM.
                  See here:

http://www.pcdmisforum.com/showthread.php?t=5743

Jan.
                  PC-DMIS/NC 2010MR3; 15 December 2010; running on 18 machine tools.
                  Romer Infinite; PC-DMIS 2010 MR3; 15 December 2010.

Comment