How can I do this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I do this?

I usually end up checking this on the surface plate but I wonder there is a good way to check this on the CMM . I want to check the location of the intersection of the flange and the radius. The red line on the screen shot. Since the arc is only partial dia, I think I going to need to do this on the surface plate.
    Last edited by BANDY; 05-01-2008, 07:59 PM.
    Pc-Dmis 4.2, Zeiss Eclipse
    sigpic

I'm tried this many times but have had little success getting good or consistent readings. I usually use a video system if possible or the plate method as you mentioned....good luck
    sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

What source of video method ? I am not familiar with that.
      sigpic

Comment

We have optical comparitors & an ogp smartscope which I use quiet often.

Comment

Originally posted by BANDY View Post
          I usually end up checking this on the surface plate but I wonder there is a good way to check this on the CMM . I want to check the location of the intersection of the flange and the radius. The red line on the screen shot. Since the arc is only partial dia, I think I going to need to do this on the surface plate.
          As Bob said a comparator or Vision system is the very best way to do this...
          but on a CMM, you could use very short line segments to find the measurement.

A side note: When you post, use a title that describes the problem. This helps the search function to work better and many times after you post the forum will list similar posts at the bottom that might answer your question... Posts with titles such BEER are of course, self-explanatory.
          Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

I would like to see that smartscope. Where I can find one?
            sigpic

Comment

Where are you in LA?

Comment

I would like to see that smartscope. Where I can find one?
                Here is their website.

http://www.ogpnet.com/ogpMain.jsp?localeId=1

Comment

Located in Rancho Dominguez. Its Compton really. Almost at the end of the 91.
                  sigpic

Comment

Yup, know the area... contact Pacific Inspection in Irvine. They have an OGP system that they can bring out to show you.

949-916-4400

Comment

Thanks for the info!
                      Last edited by BANDY; 08-18-2007, 03:19 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Hey, I used to work in that area too. Corner of 119th and Wilmington... Long time ago though... Became a little too hot for us in April 1992. Buidling next door sent up. So we moved away.

Jan.
                        PC-DMIS/NC 2010MR3; 15 December 2010; running on 18 machine tools.
                        Romer Infinite; PC-DMIS 2010 MR3; 15 December 2010.

Comment

Hi,
                          Vision system is probably best thing. If you need to use CMM there is a method that works very well, better than short line segments. Depending on the size of the partial arc you may or may not be able to grab it but it is worth understanding at any rate,
                          If interested please PM me and I will send you a file.
                          Bill Jarrells
                          A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. - Mark Twain

Comment