How do you read this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you read this?

Kind of embarrassing but I can find and good info on this, we usually do parts here that don't have this requirements. The print as it shows 2 coaxial holes, but don't have tolerance for the coaxiality. It has TP .001, as you can see in the attachment. Does it mean that holes should be coaxial within .001? or it just states the fact that this holes are on the same center?
    Last edited by BANDY; 08-22-2007, 02:52 PM.
    Pc-Dmis 4.2, Zeiss Eclipse
    sigpic

Two Coaxial Holes is just a 'Description' letting you know which holes are included in the requirement.
    Bill Jarrells
    A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. - Mark Twain

Comment

It shows the datums each being made up by the two coaxial holes. each datum is therefore a 3D feature used together as a datum for the profile. Something tells me that they would be in conflict with each other the way they are shown,
      Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

The lower portion of both callouts is a "pass-pin" requirement. (M) of the hole minus the tolerance equals the size of the pin to pass. You have to do this by hand as I don't know how to do this with the demon.
        sigpic GDTPS - 0584

Comment

What 212 said, but if you run V4.2 (sorry...) you can evaluate this using XactMeasure GD&T.

That specific call you could not do in V4.0 (impossible) and V4.1 (had a major bug in it). I have exactly the same calls (except the coaxial hole note) and V4.2 finally allows me to analyze this as is.

Jan.
          PC-DMIS/NC 2010MR3; 15 December 2010; running on 18 machine tools.
          Romer Infinite; PC-DMIS 2010 MR3; 15 December 2010.

Comment

Thank you ! I got it now.
            Pc-Dmis 4.2, Zeiss Eclipse
            sigpic

Comment

Coaxial tolerance

Bandy,

The 1st hole has a true position tol of 0.0045" to datum A and B. The 2nd hole has a coaxial pos, or TP of 0.001" to the 1st hole.

See ASME Y14.5

John
              sigpic If only all problems were so simple

Comment