Stupid move of the career?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid move of the career?

Okay, I was changing Feature ID's name. Someone came in, hit space bar or enter, now I am getting invalid ID. I know what to do, but how many other options do I have. It will not let me put cursor anywhere nor let me type anything. God I am glad its friday though if really feels like a monday.
    sigpicSummer Time. Gotta Love it!

Originally posted by Paul Sarrach View Post
    Okay, I was changing Feature ID's name. Someone came in, hit space bar or enter, now I am getting invalid ID. I know what to do, but how many other options do I have. It will not let me put cursor anywhere nor let me type anything. God I am glad its friday though if really feels like a monday.
    · If PC-DMIS locks up during manipulation of dimensioned items (invalid number entered), then with your right hand click “ok”. At the same time that you click”ok” use your left hand to hit CNTRL-S. This will save all of your work and then you can end the program with the task manager and re-open.
    sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Sarrach View Post
      USE THE ARROW KEYS, Paula, they should make the cursor move where the problem is, then simply use SHIFT and ARROW to highligh and try that. BUT, once you get the cursor where the issue is with the arrow, you should also be able to back space and type to fix.
      sigpic
      Originally posted by AndersI
      I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

use your backspace button
        sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

Originally posted by bw_bob View Post
          use your SCROLL LOCK button
          sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

This...

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
            USE THE ARROW KEYS, Paula, they should make the cursor move where the problem is, then simply use SHIFT and ARROW to highligh and try that. BUT, once you get the cursor where the issue is with the arrow, you should also be able to back space and type to fix.
            And this...
            Originally posted by bw_bob View Post
            use your backspace button
            Will result in the error message.

Unfortunately, James' answer is right...

How funny, a copy and paste solution to a bug.
            Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

I find that typically the cursor hangs in the area of the error. Not always though. We can't have that level of consitency.

Alt+F4 will kill an app.
              <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

Put on a tube top and have a beer. It's friday.
                Bill Jarrells
                A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. - Mark Twain

Comment