CMM software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How the calibration for the cmm which has both new and old software?

Comment

? What are you actually asking? Are you talking about machine geometry calibration, or probe calibration?

In theory, you could use the same probe files (the *same* file(s), not copies) for both versions, keeping them in the old format. That way a calibration done in any version is also done for the other version(s).

In practice, I would be nervous having it that way, maybe the different versions do calibration slightly differently (a fixed bug, for example). I would have separate copies of the probe files for each version, and consequently I'd have to calibrate the probes in each version.

And if you are talking about different *softwares*, not only different versions of PC-DMIS, then just forget it. Each one on their own.
      AndersI
      SW support - Hexagon Metrology Nordic AB

Comment

Start a new thread and give more information / try phrase your question better.

This thread is over 10 years old!
        Automettech - Automated Metrology Technology

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaBadger View Post
          Start a new thread and give more information / try phrase your question better.

This thread is over 10 years old!
          I read into almost all the posts on the first page before I realized it was this old... I thought to myself "wow, where did all these forum members come out from?!".
          PcDmis 2015.1 SP10 CAD++
          Global 7-10-7 DC800S

Comment