remote program operation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• remote program operation

I would like to know if anyone knows how to open up & run multiple pc-dmis prgms from either another software or from within pcdmis by possibly creating a 'master program' that could read a line of code & open up any program?

How could this be done? anyone have any examples?

You want a VB front end program to achieve that. By multiple programs you mean run one after another? If so, then yes, you will need to create a VB program to do this.
    I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
    PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
    PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

Do you have any examples of VB code or are there any in our training manuals or labs?

Comment

They have one on the wilcox site http://www.wilcoxassoc.com/home.htm under the users area called start -pcdmis
        sigpic
        if you had soap on a rope it would be tied to yer ankle

Comment

We are running a special on these links today...

http://pcdmisforum.com/showpost.php?p=4220&postcount=2
          Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

Easy on the newbies cmmguy
            I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
            PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
            PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Underspec View Post
              Easy on the newbies cmmguy
              Whatchu talkin about Willis?

he asked for an example... It seemed that the requests for help with VB were coming out of the woodwork today... hence the joke...

Comment

Is it possible to do something similar with a subroutine instead of using VB?

Comment

It should be if you have an external alignment and each program strats with that. You may be able to set up a script or some staements to get to the right subprogram
                  sigpic

Comment

each prgm is for a different gage in a different body space location with different alignments.

Comment

Originally posted by T Miller View Post
                      It should be if you have an external alignment and each program strats with that. You may be able to set up a script or some staements to get to the right subprogram
                      I have wondered about this but never tested it.

Can you use a "master" pcdmis program that calls the different part programs as sub routines. Each of the fixture locations could be saved as an external alignment and the called subroutine would recall that alignment.

I see most examples of subprograms as being a tool to do repetivite tasks but have never seen an example using it this way.

Comment

But as long as you can place them in the same location each time it should work you can change the alignment in the sub
                        sigpic

Comment

any idea how I would start this master prgm? I would need to be able to insert any number of different gages every night. So as long as I could change the path to pull up different prgms & run them. I'm assuming that all of the prgms checked by it would probably have to have external alignments or could you just turn them off with a if/endif statement inside the prgm once a manual alignment was done?

Comment

You should need an external alignment if your doing a manual on each one. How many programs are you talking?
                            sigpic

Comment

Tom
                              What is the difference between a regular program and one that is used as a SUB?

Comment