Ellippse with cad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ellippse with cad

I'm measuring an ellipse off the cad model and every time I do the five points it puts the major and minor dia. opp. of what is on the cad??? It will measure it correctly but the picture is wrong. (3.7mr3) Any one else run into this??
    http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m...er/ellipse.jpg
    Thanks for the help
    sigpicRegards,
    Donald Henger
    B&S Micro Excel Pfx
    3.5mr2 & 3.7mr3
    PHH10MQ, TP20 & TP2
    Country Rocks,But Bluegrass RULES!!!

Yea, I have the same issue every time I do an elipse from CAD.
    It usually works out OK after switch the nominals for the major and minor diameters.
    I would really like to know how to get this correct the first time since I write all programs offline.
    I can usually get it to look correct offline, then when we run it online it switches back and we have to correct it.
    Lately, it occurs to me
    What a long, strange trip it's been.

2017 R1 (Offline programming)

Comment

Originally posted by John Riggins View Post
      Yea, I have the same issue every time I do an elipse from CAD.
      It usually works out OK after switch the nominals for the major and minor diameters.
      I would really like to know how to get this correct the first time since I write all programs offline.
      I can usually get it to look correct offline, then when we run it online it switches back and we have to correct it.
      Thanks John I feel better now. To make it even worse this ellipse has a 2 degree angle on it. One of the ways to get the angle I've done is to create a line from points. Which I do not trust. (comparator is what resort to). Thanks again
      sigpicRegards,
      Donald Henger
      B&S Micro Excel Pfx
      3.5mr2 & 3.7mr3
      PHH10MQ, TP20 & TP2

Comment

Can you scan this convert to points and then construct an elipse. Never tried just curious.
        Robert Horne
        Va.

Comment

Originally posted by robehor4 View Post
          Can you scan this convert to points and then construct an elipse. Never tried just curious.
          I haven't tried that yet. If I have time tomarrow I'll give it a shot.
          sigpicRegards,
          Donald Henger
          B&S Micro Excel Pfx
          3.5mr2 & 3.7mr3
          PHH10MQ, TP20 & TP2

Comment