4.2 Report Colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4.2 Report Colors

Sorry to start another thread about this but I've yet to see if anyone has a complete solution to this issue.

When I migrate a program from 4.1 OR create a new program in 4.2, I get reports that only print in all blue (out of tolerence dimensions do not appear in red) in TEXTONLY mode. I'm using the 5/19 version of 4.2.

When I change said programs to the "new" style (dimensions with bars and circle diagrams) the colors appear as they should in the Report Template (i.e in tolerence features are in black, out of tolerence features are in red).

I can change the colors in my reports, but to only ONE color by changing the color of the Unmarked section of the Report Template () tab. It can be changed to ANY color but the report will print in ONLY that color.

This has nothing to do with READ ONLY as the reports change when I make the noted alterations.

Has anyone figured out how to make the TEXTONLY reports print as they were in 4.1 or does anyone know if this issue has been fixed in the newest revision (4.2.1 or whatever it is being called)?

I'd leave the reports as only one color but when parts with 20 page reports are being run, looking at all black for a handful of out of tolerence features is not worth my time.
    Who am I, where am I, what's going on?

I can't really tell you if this will fix your problem, but try updating to the latest version of 4.2

ftp.wilcoxassoc.com/phil/42all.zip

this is the version I am using and works fairly well

HTH
    bob
    Which one gets ridden today? MPH vs MPG..tough choice, both are FUN
    sigpic

Starrett RGDC 4028-24 :alien:
    Demon vintages 3.7, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 2009

Comment

Do you have the DoNotUseAmyuniRTF flag set to something other than 0?
      If yes, I think there is a bug in that area - displays the wrong color. Try setting that flag to 0 to see if that makes the colors correct.

Comment

Originally posted by SABarber View Post
        Do you have the DoNotUseAmyuniRTF flag set to something other than 0?
        If yes, I think there is a bug in that area - displays the wrong color. Try setting that flag to 0 to see if that makes the colors correct.
        Steve, I think you may be onto something here. I know EHINES was also getting this error. I tested it in the v4.2 beta, and if I have DoNotUseAmyuniRTF in the PC-DMIS Settings Editor (under the Printing section) set to 2, everything is displayed in blue text. If I set it to 1 or 0, it works as expected.
        Jared Hess - Techwriter @ WAI
        [View Reporting Tutorials Here]

Comment

I checked DoNotUseAmyuniRTF flag and it was set to 1 when it was printing in blue. I set it to 0 and it prints correctly, but the RTF files now print all the text on the left only going out about 10 spaces before it goes to the next line. We changed that setting (from 0 to 1) when we updated to 4.1 several months ago because 300 KB reports were saving with images for all the dimensions and were 4000KB in size.

I tried downloading the newest version of 4.2, at least the beta version as of 8/14 from the wilcox site earlier but I got a operation timed out error and stopped.

Any other suggestions?
          Last edited by boximus; 08-15-2007, 03:33 PM.

Comment

The BETA version has this corrected but not the V42 release or V42MR1 potential.

Comment

Hmm. Does anyone know if this would affect a new custom report? Would I encounter this issue if I made a completely new report template?

Comment

Using a TextReportingObject along with the DoNotUseAmyuniRTF setting of anything but 0 will result in this happening.

Comment

Nuts, guess I have to wait for a 4.2MR2 then.

Any idea why when I try to extract the 4.2Beta (8/15/07) it asks for a password?

Comment

Because we discourage using the beta, since it hasn't been through as rigorous a test process as the releases and could cause problems. I've PMd you with the password in case you decide to use it though.
                    Jared Hess - Techwriter @ WAI
                    [View Reporting Tutorials Here]

Comment

Update - the change to correct the colors for the DoNotUseAmyuniRTF has been added to V42MR1.

Comment