Lost Probe file Help !!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Lost Probe file Help !!!!

    Hello to all. I came in to work this morning and someone dumped my main probe file. Is there any way I can recover my old probe file with out starting a new one ?

  • #2
    Copy it back to the PC from teh backups that you should be doing?
    Look in the recycle bin to see if it is there?
    e a DOS boot and use recover (very hard to do, only the old DOS users can probably do this and probably also if the ahrd drive isn't too big).
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

    Comment


    • #3
      Are you saying they went into your folder that pc-dmis is in and deleted your probe files. If they did then do what matt said. If they are still if the folder then make sure your search path is set to look for them.
      sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by bw_bob View Post
        Are you saying they went into your folder that pc-dmis is in and deleted your probe files. If they did then do what matt said. If they are still if the folder then make sure your search path is set to look for them.

        and break their hands after that!
        sigpic

        B&S Global 544
        Using 3.7mr3


        Peace
        Greg


        Nothin left ta dew but :) :) :) !

        Comment


        • #5
          Thanks I will try this and let you know how it turned out ! Philip in Blacksburg, VA

          Comment


          • #6
            Time to learn to build a probe file.
            Lately, it occurs to me
            What a long, strange trip it's been.

            2017 R1 (Offline programming)

            Comment


            • #7
              Speaking of building new probe files....can someone tell me what a hotspot is in the probe.dat file?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by spazus_maximus View Post
                Speaking of building new probe files....can someone tell me what a hotspot is in the probe.dat file?
                It is the CENTER of the nominal touch-feature, ie the center of a ball.
                sigpic
                Originally posted by AndersI
                I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Thanks!

                  Where do you find info on the probe.dat file?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by spazus_maximus View Post
                    Thanks!

                    Where do you find info on the probe.dat file?
                    I just made it up, all on my own. I sat there and guessed/tried/solved what all the 'stuff' meant so I could make some customer probes of my own. Did this WAY BACK before they even had the most of the stuf in there (like, V3.2063). One setup I had to use involved using a knuckle and there was no option in the file for it, so I had to make my own.
                    sigpic
                    Originally posted by AndersI
                    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Could not recover it. So off I go to create an new one ! Thank you again for all your help.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I am fumbling through it now. I had our tool room make me some funny little shank probes..This will be interesting...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by spazus_maximus View Post
                          I am fumbling through it now. I had our tool room make me some fuzzy little shank probes..This will be interesting...
                          They made you some FUZZY little shank probes? Why would you want them to model your private parts?
                          sigpic
                          Originally posted by AndersI
                          I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            HEY!! My shanks not FUZZY!!



                            its ribbed!

                            Comment

                            Related Topics

                            Collapse

                            Working...
                            X