Can't get a machine start help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't get a machine start help!

Well my PFX was disconnected from the air supply and now its reconnected again.However I can't get the machine start light to stay on.I've tried hitting and releasing the red panic button a few times.I also shut down the PC and CMM a few times with little success.
    One thing I did notice is that the light on the Renishaw PH10T probehead is not on.Also there doesn't seem to be any power to the Probe Head Controller,as there are no lights on in that either.
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. As usual of course there's a hot job waiting to be checked. Thanks!

Cycle power on the probe head controller. It should be lit up.
    Bill Jarrells
    A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
      Well my PFX was disconnected from the air supply and now its reconnected again.However I can't get the machine start light to stay on.I've tried hitting and releasing the red panic button a few times.I also shut down the PC and CMM a few times with little success.
      One thing I did notice is that the light on the Renishaw PH10T probehead is not on.Also there doesn't seem to be any power to the Probe Head Controller,as there are no lights on in that either.
      Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. As usual of course there's a hot job waiting to be checked. Thanks!
      Check to see that you have gas in the tank and air in the tires.

Actually, Does the machine have a power strip, or as some people call them, "surge protector"? Check to make sure that it is on.
      sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Turn controller off and do a restart. Also check to make sure you have enough air pressure. Depending on machine it should be somewhere between 60 and 80 PSI
        sigpicSummer Time. Gotta Love it!

Comment

Last fall my global image wouldn't consistantly start up and it was driving me nuts. It turns out that it was because of a $5 10/100 Network card not functioning properly in the PC. It wasn't seated in the slot or was making intermitent connection with the mainboard, not allowing it to communicate with the CMM controller. I pulled it out cleaned the contacts and reseated it in the mainboard.....problem solved.
          sigpiccall me "Plum Crazy"....but you only go around once!

Comment

Does your RCU have a "Mach. Start" button? This activates my probe head.
            I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
            PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
            PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

I have a small HCU1 displat box that usually has something on it,but as of right now nothing at all.Now If I touch the actual tip I get a beep,but no light on the probehead for the "hit". I also checked the fuses on the probe controller box,but they appear to be fine.
              Doesn't the light on the probe head usually stay on,until a hit is taken?
              All I can say is ,this is one heck of a way to start a Monday!

Comment

I have a small HCU1 displat box that usually has something on it,but as of right now nothing at all.Now If I touch the actual tip I get a beep,but no light on the probehead for the "hit". I also checked the fuses on the probe controller box,but they appear to be fine.
                Henger, you had that happen to your PFx some time ago. Do you remember what was wrong with it?
                sigpic
                Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
                PCDMIS 2012
                Windows Office XP

Comment

On the jog box hit the "enable" button twice? If that doesn't do anything try the "probe enable" button? I can't remember which one it is but see if either of those does anything for you.
                  sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Do You Have a magnetic tp20 Probe module? I had this problem not to long ago and that was the trouble My probe module Had been Crashed on one of the off shifts and Destroyed internally. I'm told these will sometimes just go Bad Something to look at if you have an extra or a probe changer.
                    sigpicTHE TASK AHEAD OF YOU, IS NEVER AS GREAT AS THE POWER BEHIND YOU. I Fight for Freedom and Pray For Peace..

Comment

Originally posted by why me View Post
                      Do You Have a magnetic tp20 Probe module? I had this problem not to long ago and that was the trouble My probe module Had been Crashed on one of the off shifts and Destroyed internally. I'm told these will sometimes just go Bad Something to look at if you have an extra or a probe changer.
                      TP200 is bad for this. I did not know the TP20 had this problem. Hmm.
                      Bill Jarrells
                      A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Wingman View Post
                        TP200 is bad for this. I did not know the TP20 had this problem. Hmm.

I've seen a TP20 module leaking before.

PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
                        PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

Yeah same here.
                          But, I thought they worked like a TP2 with an added magnetic base to allow an automaitic probe changer and not like a TP 200. Hmm. I thought the TP 200 used a different triggering and the casing was lined with magnets. If the TP200 takes a 'hit' it can dislodge the magnets and render it useless. I thought the TP 20 was diff technology?
                          Bill Jarrells

Comment

Yes the TP20 does have a magnetic base for probe changer capability. And in theory it should dislodge when crashed. I don't think it works when it drives straight down the Z axis though. I've seen fish hooks made from probe tips before.

PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
                            PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

I had the air go off on one machine with a tp20 on it crash it sent it about 15ft up and off the wall Crushed the sleeve even all the way around. I got to order an extra one for just in case. The machine is down now they don't want to pay to fix all the airlines for the use it gets an ol manual machine with MM3 on it and versions behind at that...lol
                              sigpic
                              if you had soap on a rope it would be tied to yer ankle

Comment