Temp & Humitity

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Temp & Humitity

    Do any of you put the current Temp & Humidity readings on each of your PC DMIS reports? I have a "potential customer that is telling us that it is a requirement for QS & IS. and that if either fall out of spec. the layout is invalid. I don't think that my DEA machine even has a set range that it is to be run within. We track the temp. on a daily basis and do regular visual checks of it to keep it within spec that we have set "70° ±2°".
    I do remember one of the standards stating that the Temp is to be held at 68° but it gives you no tolerance at all. As this is not possible to hold it isn’t valid in my opinion.
    Your thoughts?

  • #2
    Originally posted by Tested View Post
    Do any of you put the current Temp & Humidity readings on each of your PC DMIS reports? I have a "potential customer that is telling us that it is a requirement for QS & IS. and that if either fall out of spec. the layout is invalid. I don't think that my DEA machine even has a set range that it is to be run within. We track the temp. on a daily basis and do regular visual checks of it to keep it within spec that we have set "70° ±2°".
    I do remember one of the standards stating that the Temp is to be held at 68° but it gives you no tolerance at all. As this is not possible to hold it isn’t valid in my opinion.
    Your thoughts?
    Never done it, never been asked. I'd see if I you can get away with a blanket statement "At the time of the inspection, the temp and humidity were held to 70º±2º F and ..." Then just make sure the date and time are on the report. If you are recording 24-7 with a recording device, you can go back and prove it if necessary.

    Comment


    • #3
      We use 70 deg +/-2 deg with 40 percent humidity. Keep in mind part temp is not always the same as ambient temp! Technically part is to sit in controlled enviroment for 24 hrs yeah like that happends around here!!! Parts come directly from the chilled water in the sinks (ram edm ) to the cmm!
      Last edited by AJHVW93; 08-10-2007, 11:49 AM.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Included on all reports believe it is ISO Standard can be looked up on web. Used it once for ammo to get air fixed when it was 80 in lab.
        sigpic
        3.7 MR4

        Comment


        • #5
          Calibration lady puts it on her paperwork when she calibrates pin gages with calipers.....& all calibration paperwork.....uuuhhhhhh
          sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by kass_b View Post
            Included on all reports believe it is ISO Standard can be looked up on web. Used it once for ammo to get air fixed when it was 80 in lab.
            We tried that a few years ago. They just changed the tolerance from +/-2 to +/-5 rather than correcting the problem...
            sigpic
            Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
            PCDMIS 2012
            Windows Office XP

            Comment


            • #7
              You'll really get a kick out of this.

              They have move my cmm to a sister plant, onto the open shop floor.
              I am located directly across from several injection molding machines.

              Realative temperature; when it's 90 degrees outside, it feels lick 110 inside, realative humidity....... well let's put it this way, I believe that I am starting to develop a set of gills.

              Blessings,
              ZydecoPete
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                ASME Y14.5M says that "unless otherwise specified, all dimensions are applicable at 68 degrees F. Compensation may be made for measurements made at other temperatures."
                sigpic Eye Yam Sofa King We Todd It.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Peter Warcholyk View Post
                  You'll really get a kick out of this.

                  They have move my cmm to a sister plant, onto the open shop floor.
                  I am located directly across from several injection molding machines.

                  Realative temperature; when it's 90 degrees outside, it feels lick 110 inside, realative humidity....... well let's put it this way, I believe that I am starting to develop a set of gills.
                  Blessings,
                  ZydecoPete

                  Know the feeling......

                  http://homepage.mac.com/ozarkmatt/fark/waterworld.jpg
                  sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by bw_bob View Post
                    Calibration lady puts it on her paperwork when she calibrates pin gages with calipers.....& all calibration paperwork.....uuuhhhhhh
                    deport her!!!
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Does anyone know what the working humidity should be held at?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Roger Kilpatrick View Post
                        ASME Y14.5M says that "unless otherwise specified, all dimensions are applicable at 68 degrees F. Compensation may be made for measurements made at other temperatures."
                        How much would you compensate for each 1°? Or even ½° "as they do not give you any tolerance.

                        Do you compensate for the part temp. "using a shrink factor" or the CMM plate temp.? or the way temp, or the bridge temp. ???
                        As no tolerance is given and each will vary some what...
                        Or do you use a room temp. to cover all of these and if so do you factor in the time it took to change.
                        I don't like this standard and don't use it.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by AJHVW93 View Post
                          deport her!!!
                          aye curruba! not ageeen!
                          http://www.joystickwidow.com/images/...e/deported.jpg







                          (B & S won't calibrate & certify above 75º.)







                          G
                          Last edited by Cumofo; 08-10-2007, 01:03 PM.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Cumofo View Post
                            aye curruba! not ageeen!
                            http://www.joystickwidow.com/images/...e/deported.jpg
                            (B & S won't calibrate & certify above 75º.)
                            G
                            Do they have a minium Temp? Or any issues with humidity? That you know of?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Tested View Post
                              Does anyone know what the working humidity should be held at?
                              If I remember correctly it is 55%
                              sigpic
                              Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
                              PCDMIS 2012
                              Windows Office XP

                              Comment

                              Related Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X