Automation to start PCDMIS in C++

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automation to start PCDMIS in C++

Does anybody know coding to start PCDMIS in C++, I am new for this site and try to develop automation tool for company I work, please help.

Thank you

Have you imported the PCDMIS library into your project yet? I am not a C++ programmer and am a hack with VB at best but I have written automation applications for PCDMIS. Not sure how the C++ thing will go over with it but I know there are a couple of guys here once in a while that do C languages, perhaps they will jump in.

Where are you with this so far?
    <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

I played around a little - you need to import the tlb file supplied when pcdmis is installed.

#import "c:\v37\PCDLrn.tlb" rename_namespace("PCDLRN")
      using namespace PCDLRN;

This generates a couple of other files:
      PCDLrn.tlh
      PCDLrn.tli

which can be viewed to see what interfaces & calls are available.

IApplicationPtr & IPartProgramPtr are starting points.

Comment

In the PCDBASIC help file (Pcdbasic.chm) there's a topic titled "Launching PC-DMIS with Startup Options". While the help file's examples are mainly in BASIC language, there is one example in that topic on how to use C++ to launch PC-DMIS. Perhaps you can extrapolate from there how to automate in C++. I know it's possible, just not familiar with how to do it.
        Jared Hess - Techwriter @ WAI
        [View 2008 Reporting Tutorials Here]

Comment

Not familiar with C++, only played with it once a long time ago back in the DOS days. Let us know if you switch over to VB. I'm currently working on a VB front end application.
          I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
          PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
          PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

Thank you for every one for advise, now I could start PCDMIS from C++, from now, my study starts...

Terry Goto
            Mfg Engineer III
            John Crane North America

Comment

Glad you got it running. Good luck with everything! If you come up with a relatively easy to use sample of automating using C++ let me know and I'll put the example in next version's help files.
              Jared Hess - Techwriter @ WAI
              [View 2008 Reporting Tutorials Here]

Comment