Radius....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radius....

If I took three points on a part that has a half circle and PC DMIS recognized it as a circle.....what feature do I use to print out the Radius of the half circle. I knoiw using an optical comparator would be easier, but we dont have that equipment here in the facility. Any suggestions on what I need to do?

Originally posted by emurray View Post
    If I took three points on a part that has a half circle and PC DMIS recognized it as a circle.....what feature do I use to print out the Radius of the half circle. I knoiw using an optical comparator would be easier, but we dont have that equipment here in the facility. Any suggestions on what I need to do?
    Dimension, Location, then report R.

You need more than just three hits.
    sigpic GDTPS - 0584

Comment

The size of the radius?

Never mind 212 got it.
      <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

Originally posted by emurray View Post
        Well, if you are measureing a circle, I would use MORE than 3 hits.

First of all, 3 hits will ALWAYS make a perfect circle. THe problem with that is you have no idea if ALL the hits were good. 4 or more will give you a roundness value as well and it will help indicate if you had a bad hit (high roundness value wouold be suspect).

To print out the radius, simple DIMENSION ~ LOCATION the circle and select R for the axis, which will give you the radius. If you are worried that Pcdmis is showing (graphically) a full circle, don't worry about it.
        sigpic
        Originally posted by AndersI
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

I always take at least 10 hits on a circle, even if its only on a 60° radius. I know they will be redundant, but its better than getting a single bad hit that moves the circle center location. More hits= less movement on that one bad hit.

I still like to use the icons for some things. The red icon that looks like a square with a plus sign in the middle will give you the report menu for feature location.
          In the middle section, there is a box titled "Axes".
          Unclick the radio button at the top marked "Auto" (this comes up by default, and tends to give you diameter, when dealing with a circle, and your x, y or z values, based on work plane).
          Click the radio button beside "R".
          click on the apropriate circle from the features box on the left (I always do this after changing the AXES box because if you do it first, the Auto Axis will click a bunch of stuff you will have to undo).
          Make sure that you put the nominal data for a circle DIAMETER in the box for nominal size, under ISO Limits. DMIS will report out half value of whatever is in this box.
          Put in your upper (plus) and lower (minus) tolerances (double print tolerance - again, DMIS will report half of what is in these boxes).
          Click the "Create" button.

Comment

zombie.....
            sigpic
            Originally posted by AndersI
            I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Dawn of the Dead (threads)

B&S CHAMELEON/PCDMIS CAD++ V2011

There are no bugs, only "UNDOCUMENTED ENHANCEMENTS!"

sigpic

Comment

I was a young man when this was started.
                (In Memory of my Loving wife, "Ronda" who I lost March 7, 2016. I love you baby.)
                They say "Nobody's Perfect." I must be Nobody.

Comment

• gt143744
                  gt143744 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think I was just about to start high school, can't believe it's been so long or that this thread popped up again.

I was married for 1 month when this thread was started!

Comment

Originally posted by bfire85 View Post
                  I was married for 1 month when this thread was started!
                  and divorced when it ended?
                  (In Memory of my Loving wife, "Ronda" who I lost March 7, 2016. I love you baby.)
                  They say "Nobody's Perfect." I must be Nobody.

Comment

• bfire85
                    bfire85 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Haha...nope still together!

• KIRBSTER269
                    KIRBSTER269 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Apparently this thread hasn't ended bfire85

Back in 07 I was probably getting ready to take some hits...but not from a radius!

Comment

• MetsoMetrology
                    MetsoMetrology commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That's it?

• MetsoMetrology
                    MetsoMetrology commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No wonder you're a CMM God!

• vpt.se
                    vpt.se commented
                    Editing a comment
                    My first encounter with PC-DMIS was in -07 and not a positive one (v4.1)...

When this thread was started I was working in the motorcycle industry and hating life. Only one of those two things has changed...
                  Remembering my beautiful wife Taz who's life was taken from me on 6-13-2020. I love you and I miss you.

Comment

Ahhh... I was a freshman to the Demon in '07. I still don't miss that MIP on that little PFX.
                    Horizontals - Dual Arm 40-17-21 / Single Arm 30-14-16 - PCD 2013MR1 (64bit)

Comment

• MetsoMetrology
                      MetsoMetrology commented
                      Editing a comment
                      LOL that's the exact setup I'm using now!

Dang, I was definitely not thinking about PCDMIS when this thread started. I would not have even known anything about manufacturing.

Comment

Originally posted by LaserJay View Post
                      Dang, I was definitely not thinking about PCDMIS when this thread started. I would not have even known anything about manufacturing.
                      Either was I. I was working as a Kitchen Manager of a Perkins.

Comment