Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scanning in a tube top in Radial?

Scanning in a tube top in Radial?

Is there a way to scan the top of this as a closed scan and in a radial distance from the center of the tube?

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w...6/102_0939.jpg

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w...6/102_0942.jpg
    sigpicSummer Time. Gotta Love it!

Are those the same part?

The first looks somewhat round the second looks really warped

Comment

Originally posted by spazus_maximus View Post
      Are those the same part?

The first looks somewhat round the second looks really warped
      Same part. Top veiw, its round and has to flats on either side and about a 9 degree rise with a dip in it and a flat area of about 100mm. Its a conical form. Its a die detail that has been broke in two the welded and now they want me to scan it so we can make another.

How would you or anyone scan this thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Sarrach View Post
        Same part. Top veiw, its round and has to flats on either side and about a 9 degree rise with a dip in it and a flat area of about 100mm. Its a conical form. Its a die detail that has been broke in two the welded and now they want me to scan it so we can make another.

How would you or anyone scan this thing?
        Is it functional in that condition.
        sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

Originally posted by bw_bob View Post
          Is it functional in that condition.
          Believe it or not, yes. They want it back asap so they can stick in to the press and keep running. You guys are not in Stampings are you?

Comment

What type of accuracy are you looking for?

Are you planning to make a surface from the scan data?

Comment

Measure the circle first = x0,y0

Linear Closed /Variable Scan

Comment

Scanning in a tube top in Radial?

Is there a way to scan the top of this as a closed scan and in a radial distance from the center of the tube?
                I don't know squat about scanning Paul(a) but I'm guessing that the cmm doesn't really care if you are wearing a tube top or a t-shirt or a dress.

Comment

Lmfao

Comment

Align to the bore. Create a vector point at whatever radial distance you want, surface vector 0,0,1. Highlight the point and hit Ctrl C. Next go to Edit, Pattern. Divide 360 by how many hits you want, i.e, 360/400 = 0.9 degrees. Enter in .9 number in the angle area. Then type in 399 into the number of times to Offset and hit OK. Now place your cursor after the point you created. Go back to edit and hit paste with pattern. Create a set and profile the set. Ta Da.
                    sigpic GDTPS - 0584

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck View Post
                      I don't know squat about scanning Paul(a) but I'm guessing that the cmm doesn't really care if you are wearing a tube top or a t-shirt or a dress.
                      Listen all, On this side of the Forum you are not allowed to pick on my working Uniform Get serious and help me!

Comment

I would use a laser camera, sorry that does not help you much.

With a CMM, I would align to the biggest single piece from the break, then start doing a bunch of closed scanns, COMP OFF, 0.5 to 1.0mm increment, every mm or so from bottom to top.
                        sigpic
                        Originally posted by AndersI
                        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by inspector212 View Post
                          Align to the bore. Create a vector point at whatever radial distance you want, surface vector 0,0,1. Highlight the point and hit Ctrl C. Next go to Edit, Pattern. Divide 360 by how many hits you want, i.e, 360/400 = 0.9 degrees. Enter in .9 number in the angle area. Then type in 399 into the number of times to Offset and hit OK. Now place your cursor after the point you created. Go back to edit and hit paste with pattern. Create a set and profile the set. Ta Da.
                          Your one Bad Muther Focker! That's what I was doing only manually. What a pain in the butt. I tried doing that with just copying and the paste with patterern but did not work. This is the first time I have used that. I can see how that will come in handy. I owe you a cold one. I still would like to see them make a scan possible so my head does not have to leave my Tube Top

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
                            I would use a camera, sorry that does not help you much.

What of? Me and my Tube Top

Comment

What of? Me and my Tube Top
                              You swish, I mean, wish!
                              sigpic
                              Originally posted by AndersI
                              I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment