Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unilateral / Bilateral Dimension Colors

Using 3.7, MR3

I’m attempting to display the color in the graph portion of the report output based on the percentage of the tolerance consumed.

If more than 50% of the tolerance is used, I would like the color to be yellow, green otherwise.

I can get this to work by configuring the Dimension Colors for either unilateral tolerances or bilateral tolerances, but not both.

Specifically, the scheme that works for bilateral tolerances is:

0-25%: yellow
    25-50%: green
    50-75%: green
    75-100% yellow

But the scheme required for unilateral tolerances would be:

0-25%: green
    25-50%: green
    50-75%: yellow
    75-100% yellow

Does anyone know a way to color the dimensions appropriately?

This seems so fundamental that I have a hard time believing that PC-DMIS cannot differentiate between unilateral and bilateral dimension tolerances, and color them in the obvious way.

Any help would be appreciated.

Are you SURE that you need the 0-25% for bilateral set to yellow? I think it should be GREEN. Can you check to see if GREEN will work for that?
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Yes,

If I have a +/- .010 dimension that measures -.007, I want it to appear yellow,
      but this falls in the first quarter of the graph, and thus uses the color for 0-25%.

The problem is that PC-DMIS does not seem to realize that the nominal is in the center
      of the graph for bilateral tolerances, and at the left of the graph for unilateral.

Could this by chance be something that can be changed with the Settings Editor?
      I've played around with Option/BilateralAlternateColorDisplay, but that does not give
      me what I want.

Thanks

Comment