Circular Move Band

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Circular Move Band

Anybody know what controls the bandwidth of circular move? How can I affect it?
    Bill Jarrells
    A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. - Mark Twain

Not sure what you mean by "bandwidth".

Comment

Isn't it set by your prehit/retract distance?
      I'm not at work so I can't check.

By bandwith, you do mean how far away from the feature the probe is during a circular move, right?
      When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
      sigpic

Comment

There is a box in auto circle that you check called circ move
        sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

I want to control how close and how far away (or how close) the probe movement is allowed in a circular move. I was thinking it was prehit and retract but I wan't sure in PC DMIS.

Bob, two examples:
          1) I check a post / stud and have all kinds of clearance so I make the circular move band large for fast moves.
          2) I check a Diameter inside a groove and I want the circular move bandwith to be small so I can navigate the groove.

I have been using vector points and clear surf for this sort of thing as I wasn't sure how to control it with PC DMIS.
          Bill Jarrells
          A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. - Mark Twain

Comment

The circ move means just that. When checking the dia it moves circular. The prehit /retract means just what it says. Sometimes you have to do radial points because of constraint or odd shaped diameters....limitations

Not sure what to tell ya.
            sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

Two ways:

1- Prehit and Retract values affect this.

If your controller does not support smooth circular moves you will have to adjust the #of points and/or prethit and retract values.

2- Adjust the nomimal diameter.
              I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
              PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
              PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by John Kingston View Post
                Isn't it set by your prehit/retract distance?
                I'm not at work so I can't check.

By bandwith, you do mean how far away from the feature the probe is during a circular move, right?
                Right. That is what I want to control.
                Bill Jarrells

Comment

Originally posted by Wingman View Post
                  I want to control how close and how far away (or how close) the probe movement is allowed in a circular move. I was thinking it was prehit and retract but I wan't sure in PC DMIS.

Bob, two examples:
                  1) I check a post / stud and have all kinds of clearance so I make the circular move band large for fast moves.
                  2) I check a Diameter inside a groove and I want the circular move bandwith to be small so I can navigate the groove.

I have been using vector points and clear surf for this sort of thing as I wasn't sure how to control it with PC DMIS.
                  Prehit and retract dictates. I have to check diameters in trepan grooves and find sometimes I have to run as low as 0.05 prehit and retract. That is what you are looking for.
                  <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

Originally posted by Underspec View Post
                    Two ways:

1- Prehit and Retract values affect this.

If your controller does not support smooth circular moves you will have to adjust the #of points and/or prethit and retract values.

2- Adjust the nomimal diameter.
                    I get 'straight shot' stop 'straight shot' type circular moves. During the 'straight shot' portion of the move the probe goes from MAX distance to MIN Distance to MAX Distance in proximity to the surface. Hopefully I said that right and it makes sense.

I will attach a simple pic.
                    Last edited by Wingman; 08-29-2007, 08:07 PM.
                    Bill Jarrells

Comment

Originally posted by craiger_ny View Post
                      Prehit and retract dictates. I have to check diameters in trepan grooves and find sometimes I have to run as low as 0.05 prehit and retract. That is what you are looking for.
                      OK. Thanks everybody. Even you Craiger! j/k
                      Bill Jarrells

Comment

Originally posted by craiger_ny View Post
                        That's what I thought

OK. Thanks everybody. Even you Craiger! j/k
                        Somebody get me a beer!
                        When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
                        sigpic

Comment

I get 'straight shot' stop 'straight shot' type circular moves. During the 'straight shot' portion of the move the probe goes from MAX distance to MIN Distance to MAX Distance in proximity to the surface. Hopefully I said that right and it makes sense.

I will attach a simple pic.
                          Your drawing indicates that you do not have circular moves either turned on or your controller for some reason doesn't support them.

A good way to see if they are working is to measure a large ID and use only 3 hits. Then it becomes very obvious that it is moving in a circle between hits.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck View Post
                            Your drawing indicates that you do not have circular moves either turned on or your controller for some reason doesn't support them.

A good way to see if they are working is to measure a large ID and use only 3 hits. Then it becomes very obvious that it is moving in a circle between hits.
                            It does move circular. Imagine only three hits on the drawing with several 'circular' stops along the way
                            Bill Jarrells

Comment

It does move circular. Imagine only three hits on the drawing with several 'circular' stops along the way
                              Ah, ok, I thought that the each intersection of your lines was a hit.

Comment