Sugesstion For Pc Dmis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sugesstion For Pc Dmis

SEND FREE extra "Ctrl" & "S" keys With ever verision of pcdmis.

The lettering on mine are near wore off and I still can't keep up with all the crashes.

Originally posted by Tested View Post

The lettering on mine are near wore off and I still can't keep up with all the crashes.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuart View Post

Also, if you have the right computer configuration, it's also quite stable.

Stu
      Maybe it's just the cheap Chinese keyboards. You'll have to ask Goodluck how his new keyboard is working out.
      Saving the world, one bad part at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by EHines View Post
        Maybe it's just the cheap Chinese keyboards. You'll have to ask Goodluck how his new keyboard is working out.
        You are new arn't you?

Comment

Confused

Maybe its just me but there seems to be alot of negative responses to PCDMIS. My back ground was with Apogee (Metrolog) and QC5000. I quit my job to learn PCDMIS 2 years ago and I love it. Most of my issues have been operator error. I have convinced several local shops to purchase or retrofit there "junk" to PCDMIS. I have been able to use an offline seat to make universal programs for 6 different CMM's with minimal issues. Like I said early, I love this software.
          Robert Horne
          Va.

Comment

And one or two extra SCROLL LOCK buttons if you are going to be a Pcdmis User
            sigpicSummer Time. Gotta Love it!

Comment

Originally posted by robehor4 View Post
              Maybe its just me but there seems to be alot of negative responses to PCDMIS. My back ground was with Apogee (Metrolog) and QC5000. I quit my job to learn PCDMIS 2 years ago and I love it. Most of my issues have been operator error. I have convinced several local shops to purchase or retrofit there "junk" to PCDMIS. I have been able to use an offline seat to make universal programs for 6 different CMM's with minimal issues. Like I said early, I love this software.
              No one is (raelly) saying that Pcdmis is junk, it just that a lot of us have been using it for decades and we have gotten tired of seeing things that worked before turned into bugs and not getting fixed. For example, clearance planes worked great, until V3.5, then sometimes (not always, but sometimes, and NOT feature dependant) the 'up' move would get ignored by Pcdmis cause the head to try to move on a slant to the c-p height above the next point. Always great for the head, let me tell you!

Or, how about when they 'fixed' edge points with a new version, when you went to mirror OR use paste w/ pattern, the surface vector stayed the same as it was (in the feature in the edit window) but it ran like it DID get mirrored, but then the comping was done to the shown surface vector! It's little things that get us long time users and those same little thing just never seem to go away.

Or, let's see, we all have been complaining about the way the RTF (and PDF) reports have looked, no margin adjustments, Pcdmis's 'column' width being way too much (the tolerance col width was set for +/- 100,000.000) so instead of fixing it, they dump it onto us with the 'new' template system.
              sigpic
              Originally posted by AndersI
              I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
                No one is (raelly) saying that Pcdmis is junk, it just that a lot of us have been using it for decades and we have gotten tired of seeing things that worked before turned into bugs and not getting fixed. For example, clearance planes worked great, until V3.5, then sometimes (not always, but sometimes, and NOT feature dependant) the 'up' move would get ignored by Pcdmis cause the head to try to move on a slant to the c-p height above the next point. Always great for the head, let me tell you!

Or, how about when they 'fixed' edge points with a new version, when you went to mirror OR use paste w/ pattern, the surface vector stayed the same as it was (in the feature in the edit window) but it ran like it DID get mirrored, but then the comping was done to the shown surface vector! It's little things that get us long time users and those same little thing just never seem to go away.

Or, let's see, we all have been complaining about the way the RTF (and PDF) reports have looked, no margin adjustments, Pcdmis's 'column' width being way too much (the tolerance col width was set for +/- 100,000.000) so instead of fixing it, they dump it onto us with the 'new' template system.
                Matt arn't those trade secrets?

Comment

I was taught 3.7mr2 but this did not have a translator for the CAD. 4.1 seems to work great for me since every program I make requires some type of scanning procedure and I work off line. I do understand your frustation with upgrades that interfere with your normal procedures.
                  Robert Horne
                  Va.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Sarrach View Post
                    And one or two extra SCROLL LOCK buttons if you are going to be a Pcdmis User
                    Actually, Paul(a), the scroll-lock issue was with EXCEL, not Pcdmis!
                    sigpic
                    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
                      Actually, Paul(a), the scroll-lock issue was with EXCEL, not Pcdmis!
                      I said a Pcdmis user, and thats who had the problem Not mentioning any names. GL Excel is kinda like alcohol, somehow it all can be related back to the software
                      sigpicSummer Time. Gotta Love it!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Sarrach View Post
                        I said a Pcdmis user, and thats who had the problem Not mentioning any names. GL Excel is kinda like alcohol, somehow it all can be related back to the software
                        BUT, you can be an EXCEL user and not a Pcdmis user. Or, are you trying to imply that SOME Pcdmis users are inept at using Excel?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by robehor4 View Post
                          I was taught 3.7mr2 but this did not have a translator for the CAD. 4.1 seems to work great for me since every program I make requires some type of scanning procedure and I work off line. I do understand your frustation with upgrades that interfere with your normal procedures.
                          "PCDLRN has generated errors and will shut down now!"

If you see that often enough you will begin to understand. Pc-Dmis is great stuff. (The good versions anyway). But there have been a lot of not so wonderful versions in the last few years. I must say in the last year or so They do seem to be making a real effort to listen and respond to our complaints. The guy called me just last week and I agreed he could put me in the "happy camper" column, but I also pleaded to not see 5.0 before there was solid version of 4.x out there.
                          sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment