Looping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looping

Would like to check 100 points on the inside of a 5" bearing race then check 100 points on the outside, each point at 3.6 degrees and then do a 2d distance from inside to outside to check concentricity along with the regular concentricity callout.

Which is better just measure a 100 point circle or do like I was doing below

A1 =ALIGNMENT/START,RECALL:A0, LIST= YES
    ALIGNMENT/TRANS,XAXIS,CIRCLE1
    ALIGNMENT/TRANS,YAXIS,CIRCLE1
    ALIGNMENT/END
    V1 =LOOP/START, ID = NO, NUMBER = 100, START = 1, SKIP = ,
    OFFSET: XAXIS = 0, YAXIS = 0, ZAXIS = 0, ANGLE = 3.6
    PNT1 =AUTO/VECTOR POINT,SHOWALLPARAMS = NO
    THEO/2.325,0,0.15,-1,0,0
    ACTL/2.3188,-0.0007,0.15,-1,0,0
    TARG/2.325,0,0.15,-1,0,0
    LOOP/END

But when I done the loop I did not get in the callouts but only one point. How do I show all 100 points using the loop method?
    sigpic

If all your lookinig for is concentricity why not do 2 circles ...I would
    sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

Originally posted by bw_bob View Post
      If all your lookinig for is concentricity why not do 2 circles ...I would
      I'm doing that too but I want to go deeper in depth with it for the engineers.
      sigpic

Comment

If you are looking to show them where your out of round condition is taking place, why not do a close/scan and use the analysis feature. You can also take your first point paste w/ pattern and use the analysis feature. It will show where your points are around your circle.
        Dale
        v2011 MR1 CAD ++

Comment

Originally posted by WScmm View Post
          If you are looking to show them where your out of round condition is taking place, why not do a close/scan and use the analysis feature. You can also take your first point paste w/ pattern and use the analysis feature. It will show where your points are around your circle.

Do not have a scanning probe and if you do it with a ttp it the same as points.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AuRules View Post
            I'm doing that too but I want to go deeper in depth with it for the engineers.

Are wanting to show radial readings ???????
            sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

Originally posted by bw_bob View Post
              To some degree, but what I think I can do "correct me if I'm wrong" is take 100 points on the ID & OD at 3.6 degrees inside a loop and do a 2D diatance all the way around but I cannot get the points correct. It takes a 100 inside the loop but I can only see 1 in the callouts.
              Last edited by AuRules; 07-07-2008, 03:03 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

I agree w/ Bob, This would be the easiest way. You can still scan w/ you TP20 or whatever you have. It will just not be continuous. I think I would do what bob said and do a past w/ pattern and report out each point as a polar radius and angle. Engineers like pictures that is why I use the anaylsis feature. I don't have to fight w/ them as much.
                Dale
                v2011 MR1 CAD ++

Comment

Thanks you guys are the best
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AuRules View Post
                    But when I done the loop I did not get in the callouts but only one point. How do I show all 100 points using the loop method?
                    The points DO exist, my guess is you only see PNT1[100] in the recall window. You can use them but you will need to do it in the command line.
                    PNT1[1] the first one and so on till PNT1[100].

DIM DIST1= 2D DISTANCE FROM POINT PNT1ID[1] TO POINT PNT1OD[1] (CENTER TO CENTER), NO_RADIUS
                    AX MEAS NOMINAL +TOL -TOL DEV OUTTOL
                    M 25.000 25.000 0.010 0.010 0.000 0.000

Follow?

TK
                    sigpicHave a homebrew

Comment