Looping

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Looping

    Would like to check 100 points on the inside of a 5" bearing race then check 100 points on the outside, each point at 3.6 degrees and then do a 2d distance from inside to outside to check concentricity along with the regular concentricity callout.

    Which is better just measure a 100 point circle or do like I was doing below

    A1 =ALIGNMENT/START,RECALL:A0, LIST= YES
    ALIGNMENT/TRANS,XAXIS,CIRCLE1
    ALIGNMENT/TRANS,YAXIS,CIRCLE1
    ALIGNMENT/END
    V1 =LOOP/START, ID = NO, NUMBER = 100, START = 1, SKIP = ,
    OFFSET: XAXIS = 0, YAXIS = 0, ZAXIS = 0, ANGLE = 3.6
    PNT1 =AUTO/VECTOR POINT,SHOWALLPARAMS = NO
    THEO/2.325,0,0.15,-1,0,0
    ACTL/2.3188,-0.0007,0.15,-1,0,0
    TARG/2.325,0,0.15,-1,0,0
    LOOP/END

    But when I done the loop I did not get in the callouts but only one point. How do I show all 100 points using the loop method?
    sigpic

  • #2
    If all your lookinig for is concentricity why not do 2 circles ...I would
    sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by bw_bob View Post
      If all your lookinig for is concentricity why not do 2 circles ...I would
      I'm doing that too but I want to go deeper in depth with it for the engineers.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        If you are looking to show them where your out of round condition is taking place, why not do a close/scan and use the analysis feature. You can also take your first point paste w/ pattern and use the analysis feature. It will show where your points are around your circle.
        Dale
        v2011 MR1 CAD ++

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by WScmm View Post
          If you are looking to show them where your out of round condition is taking place, why not do a close/scan and use the analysis feature. You can also take your first point paste w/ pattern and use the analysis feature. It will show where your points are around your circle.

          Do not have a scanning probe and if you do it with a ttp it the same as points.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by AuRules View Post
            I'm doing that too but I want to go deeper in depth with it for the engineers.

            Are wanting to show radial readings ???????
            sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by bw_bob View Post
              Are wanting to show radial readings ???????
              To some degree, but what I think I can do "correct me if I'm wrong" is take 100 points on the ID & OD at 3.6 degrees inside a loop and do a 2D diatance all the way around but I cannot get the points correct. It takes a 100 inside the loop but I can only see 1 in the callouts.
              Last edited by AuRules; 07-07-2008, 03:03 PM.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Are wanting to show radial readings ???????
                I agree w/ Bob, This would be the easiest way. You can still scan w/ you TP20 or whatever you have. It will just not be continuous. I think I would do what bob said and do a past w/ pattern and report out each point as a polar radius and angle. Engineers like pictures that is why I use the anaylsis feature. I don't have to fight w/ them as much.
                Dale
                v2011 MR1 CAD ++

                Comment


                • #9
                  Thanks you guys are the best
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by AuRules View Post
                    But when I done the loop I did not get in the callouts but only one point. How do I show all 100 points using the loop method?
                    The points DO exist, my guess is you only see PNT1[100] in the recall window. You can use them but you will need to do it in the command line.
                    PNT1[1] the first one and so on till PNT1[100].

                    DIM DIST1= 2D DISTANCE FROM POINT PNT1ID[1] TO POINT PNT1OD[1] (CENTER TO CENTER), NO_RADIUS
                    AX MEAS NOMINAL +TOL -TOL DEV OUTTOL
                    M 25.000 25.000 0.010 0.010 0.000 0.000

                    Follow?

                    TK
                    sigpicHave a homebrew

                    Comment

                    Related Topics

                    Collapse

                    Working...
                    X