multiple prgm alignment

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • multiple prgm alignment

    How can I use 1 gage alignment for multiple prgms. I would like to align to the gage once, then run part, cap, gage & grr all from the same alignment.

  • #2
    Yes.
    Align to gage in Program 1. SAVE Alignment.
    RECALL Alignment in each program you want to use the alignment in.
    Bill Jarrells
    A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. - Mark Twain

    Comment


    • #3
      INSERT ~ ALIGNMENT ~ SAVE, give it a name.

      The saved alignment will show up in the alignment drop-down window of Pcdmis, as long as it is in the correct directory (per set paths, if you use 'current', it needs to be in the same directory as the check programs).
      sigpic
      Originally posted by AndersI
      I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

      Comment


      • #4
        mulltiple prgm alignment

        I have never done the multiple alignment before or recalled one in another prgm. can you help me with the settings & line code or steps to follow? Also, what would it take to update current prgms that have already been written?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by dlewis View Post
          I have never done the multiple alignment before or recalled one in another prgm. can you help me with the settings & line code or steps to follow? Also, what would it take to update current prgms that have already been written?
          No setting or anything, other than the SET SEARCH PATH (EDIT ~ PREFERENCES ~ SET SEARCH PATH nad REcALL DIRECTORY set to SEACH CURRENT DIRECTORY). When you save the alignment to the external file, it SHOULD automatically go to the current directory (where the alignment progra is saved) as long as you have this set. Then, in your 'check' program (which should be in the same directory as the alignment program), all you should have to do is use the drop-down at the top of the screen (second from the left) and find the name you gave the saved alignment. Then you are good to go. As for putting it into existing programs, place your cursor at the end of the last alignment and use the drop-down again. WHEN IT ASKS if you want to UPDATE the program to the new alignment, TELL IT NO NO NO NO NO! NO! NO! NO!!!!!!!. Then, save it (do all this with a back-up copy of the program too!) and delete all the alignment stuff above the recalled alignment and it should be good to go.
          sigpic
          Originally posted by AndersI
          I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
            INSERT ~ ALIGNMENT ~ SAVE, give it a name.

            The saved alignment will show up in the alignment drop-down window of Pcdmis, as long as it is in the correct directory (per set paths, if you use 'current', it needs to be in the same directory as the check programs).
            Matt posted teh instructions to get it done. It really is simple.

            As far as inserting it into programs already written you will have to think that one through. It can be done easy enough but HOW depends greatly on how the program is written. You will most likely need to post code of your initial alignment in the programs you want to adapt. If theyu all use the same logic the cure will be the same for all so it might ot be as bad as it might sound.
            Bill Jarrells
            A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. - Mark Twain

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
              No setting or anything, other than the SET SEARCH PATH (EDIT ~ PREFERENCES ~ SET SEARCH PATH nad REcALL DIRECTORY set to SEACH CURRENT DIRECTORY). When you save the alignment to the external file, it SHOULD automatically go to the current directory (where the alignment progra is saved) as long as you have this set. Then, in your 'check' program (which should be in the same directory as the alignment program), all you should have to do is use the drop-down at the top of the screen (second from the left) and find the name you gave the saved alignment. Then you are good to go. As for putting it into existing programs, place your cursor at the end of the last alignment and use the drop-down again. WHEN IT ASKS if you want to UPDATE the program to the new alignment, TELL IT NO NO NO NO NO! NO! NO! NO!!!!!!!. Then, save it (do all this with a back-up copy of the program too!) and delete all the alignment stuff above the recalled alignment and it should be good to go.
              I think what Matt means is before you do any editing on an existing program, make sure you have a backup of the program so that if things go wonky you can start again from the backup rather than starting from scratch.

              Comment


              • #8
                multiple prgm alignment

                Is the external alignment previously mentioned a seperate stand alone prgm or is it part of a prgm that I have to run every time I want to run one of the other prgms. It sounds like it is a stand-alone prgm. My gages are not necessarily in the same location every time, so I usually start with a manual alignment, followed by the DCC alignment & use the matched pair "if/end if" to either engage or skip the alignments as needed.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I have some programs that I just call a sub for the external alignment program with a yes/no comment if/endif then I only have to run it once
                  sigpic
                  if you had soap on a rope it would be tied to yer ankle

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by dlewis View Post
                    Is the external alignment previously mentioned a seperate stand alone prgm or is it part of a prgm that I have to run every time I want to run one of the other prgms. It sounds like it is a stand-alone prgm. My gages are not necessarily in the same location every time, so I usually start with a manual alignment, followed by the DCC alignment & use the matched pair "if/end if" to either engage or skip the alignments as needed.
                    I have separate programs that locate some holding fixtures I use. I run that program, which aligns and then saves the alignment. I then just recall the external alignment. You SHOULD be able to use this in your existing programs. As everyone has mentioned make a backup copy and change that. NEVER, NEVER modify your only copy until you are sure it works properly.
                    When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I tried doing a short prgm that is just the alignment. then I went to insert~alignment~save gave it a name (same as the prgm) & put it in the prgm folder thinking I would be able to see it when I opened up another prgm to recall it, but could not find it. What am I doing wrong? I went to the search path & set my recall directory to search current directory first. Should I just search current directory? I'm sorry, but this is new territory for me.

                      Do you have a snipet of code to show me what you do when you save & how you start a new prgm just by recalling the alignment? Do one of the training books have a lab on this procedure?
                      Last edited by dlewis; 08-06-2007, 03:00 PM.

                      Comment

                      Related Topics

                      Collapse

                      Working...
                      X