way off topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• way off topic

Sorry for the rant. I am just Pizzed off!!! I took my car to get inspected. They spent 30min. on my car only to tell me I have a headlight bracket broken. They knew this before they started. I had a piece of tape holding the light because it will stick out about 1" from where it should be and I didn't want it to fall out. Then they CHARGED me for the inspection fee. Then the guy had the balls to tell me I can't take the car anywhere else because he needs proof that I fixed it. Turned me into the DMV he said. I have 30 days to fix it. I lost it. Now I know why I don't go to T_X_Co to get gas or anything else. It was close to work and thought I could get it done today. Am I looking at this the wrong way, right now I hope so. I just feel like it wasn't good business practice. I will never go back after this and I will let others know about it if I am right.

Sorry for the rant, I feel better now.
    Dale
    v2011 MR1 CAD ++

So, you like to fix cars huh? huh? Huh?
    http://www.bertisevil.tv/img/bazooka-bert.jpg

g
    sigpic

Comment

I went and asked a guy here at work who used to manage a garage. Here is NC, this is the way it is done. I guess I am used to the good ole boy ways of doing this around my house. Small shops who are more worried about there customers then being an jack ****. Sorry, I really am trying to calm down.
      Dale
      v2011 MR1 CAD ++

Comment

Originally posted by WScmm View Post
        Sorry for the rant. I am just Pizzed off!!! I took my car to get inspected. They spent 30min. on my car only to tell me I have a headlight bracket broken. They knew this before they started. I had a piece of tape holding the light because it will stick out about 1" from where it should be and I didn't want it to fall out. Then they CHARGED me for the inspection fee. Then the guy had the balls to tell me I can't take the car anywhere else because he needs proof that I fixed it. Turned me into the DMV he said. I have 30 days to fix it. I lost it. Now I know why I don't go to T_X_Co to get gas or anything else. It was close to work and thought I could get it done today. Am I looking at this the wrong way, right now I hope so. I just feel like it wasn't good business practice. I will never go back after this and I will let others know about it if I am right.

Have it towed somewhere else and have them fix it.

To me it is worth the extra $$ just to not do any more business with them.

Comment

Sounds shady. Is this is legal!?
          sigpic 1.61803399Δ
          ASSIMILATE INTERGRATE SYNTHESIZE

Comment

To me it is worth the extra $$ just to not do any more business with them.
            Sounds shady. Is this is legal!?
            I agree Goodluck, I need to check w/ the DMV to see if anyone else can fix it. I will fix it myself, I just can't do the inspection.

It does sound shady. That is why I lost my temper. I think that is what bothers me, I let him control me.
            Dale
            v2011 MR1 CAD ++

Comment

He don't need proof you can have it fixed somewhere else and reinspected
              sigpic
              if you had soap on a rope it would be tied to yer ankle

Comment

When it gets dark out it becomes harder for people to see you smashing things.
                <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

I agree Goodluck, I need to check w/ the DMV to see if anyone else can fix it. I will fix it myself, I just can't do the inspection.

It does sound shady. That is why I lost my temper. I think that is what bothers me, I let him control me.
                  Just because they found the problem shouldn't entitle them to be the only shop allowed to fix it.

I know nothing about NC law but I would hope it is written such that if your car fails inspection you can't drive the car. What happens to a failing car that is in such bad condition that the driver doesn't want to repair it? Do those just pile up out behind the inspecting shop? Do they force the owner to fix the car and then junk it?

After you get off the phone with the DMV and the towing company, call the better business bureau.

Comment

Craig,
                    I already had that thought.
                    Dale
                    v2011 MR1 CAD ++

Comment

Goodluck, You just gave the best idea right there. After I get my sticker, reguardless of where I go I think I will call. There is nothing wrong w/ the car, it has 210,000 miles but runs great right now. I have been driving it and will continue to drive it. He wrote down that I have 30 days to fix it. I WILL call the DMV just to ask if someone else can inspect it. Then I will take video of me fixing the light, should take 5 minutes. One screw and one connection.
                      Dale
                      v2011 MR1 CAD ++

Comment

Sorry, I thought I put this on the off topic area. Can I move it now that it is started?
                        Dale
                        v2011 MR1 CAD ++

Comment

Goodluck, You just gave the best idea right there. After I get my sticker, reguardless of where I go I think I will call. There is nothing wrong w/ the car, it has 210,000 miles but runs great right now. I have been driving it and will continue to drive it. He wrote down that I have 30 days to fix it. I WILL call the DMV just to ask if someone else can inspect it. Then I will take video of me fixing the light, should take 5 minutes. One screw and one connection.
                          Not to be a smart a$$ but didn't it take you that long to tape it
                          sigpic
                          if you had soap on a rope it would be tied to yer ankle

Comment

????Did I miss something??? Why get it inspected? Accident? No, they can't tell where you have to have it repaired or inspected. They may request that the vehicle be fixed by a shop on their list if it is insurance related. But thats the only situation that I know of. They may not allow you to drive without receiving a violation, if it is a hazard or a chance of mechanicle failure. But if the part is securely in place, tell them to bite your a$$!!!! LMAO

A.Gore
                            sigpicA.Gore

Comment

Yes, just being lazy. I just found out I need a new light to fix it. I have been calling the parts store and they said there isn't a bracket there I needed a turn signal light. $30. I guess I am going to get a light tonight.
                              Dale
                              v2011 MR1 CAD ++

Comment

widgetinstance 190 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X