Help with ERROR Please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with ERROR Please?

I was wondering if any of you fine people could help me. My computer crashed a month ago and I had to do a total reformat, including reinstalling pc dmis 3.7 and installing all my back up comp files. Everything was fine. I've been on vacation for a few days and I come back to a CMM that is constantly kicking out and giving me this error.....TU04 Communication error.

Any suggestions simple or hard would be grateful.

Check all of the connections on the back of the PC and the controller.
    sigpic GDTPS - 0584

Comment

Originally posted by LASARD View Post
      Any suggestions simple or hard would be grateful.
      Yeah Dont take any vacation days!

Comment

I've had this happen to me many times. Mostly because my jog box has hit the floor and jiggles something loose. Sometimes I get lucky and just unplugging the jog box from the controller and plugging it back in works. If you have a spare plug it in and see if it clears up the error. If you don't have a spare and all the connections on the controller and computer are secure you might want to open up the jog box and see if anything looks loose.

Homburgler.
        sigpicHomburgler
        DEA Bravo Dual Arm | 3.5MR2
        B&S 7107 | 3.7MR3

Comment

Communicatons

Are you connecting to the controller via RS232 or ethernet?

If you are using ethernet is the line routed directly to the CPU or does it run throught the network??

RS232- do you have more than 1 rs232 port?
          sigpic
          "You cant vote 'present' as the President of the United States"

Comment

Im pretty sure everthing is secure. And yes, I don't think I'll be taking any vacation for awhile. As for the post before this, I am unsure what you are asking.
            My computer is on a network, but the cmm and controller are hooked directly to my pc. We only run the one machine.

Just a point of interest, machine was working fine for last 4 hours, I fired up the internet and left the room to get some lunch and came back and the same error was there all of a sudden.......Strange......

Comment

Im pretty sure everthing is secure. And yes, I don't think I'll be taking any vacation for awhile. As for the post before this, I am unsure what you are asking.
              My computer is on a network, but the cmm and controller are hooked directly to my pc. We only run the one machine.

Just a point of interest, machine was working fine for last 4 hours, I fired up the internet and left the room to get some lunch and came back and the same error was there all of a sudden.......Strange......
              There are 2 ways to connect the CMM to your computer..

1. rs232 cable ... which plugs into a serial port on your computer. The connection is a trapezoid with 9 pins.

2. With an ethernet cable... just like you computer would hook up to the network, but a line from the controller to your ethernet card. We, at one time, had our CMM transfering data through a network hub..not so good.

Try this go to EDIT->Preferences->Machine interface setup...is the TCPIP box checked???? This is a copy of what mine looks like (attachment). Dont change it to this...just need to know to help...
              Attached Files
              sigpic
              "You cant vote 'present' as the President of the United States"

Comment

giving me this error.....TU04 Communication error.
                If you are using really TU04 Jogbox (see the attached picture) ,
                1)please check the connection cable of the jogbox (behind the machine or behind the controller)
                2)switch off the controller then open the cover of the jogbox and check the cable connections inside the jogbox and ensure that all electronic boards inside the jogbox is well connected.

HTH
                Attached Files
                sigpic
                Either seem as you are or be as you seem.M.J.Rumi

Comment