Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Point id in measuring report

Hello,

When I make a measuring report for our engineering dept, I get some complaints because the report is not clear for them. Their complaint is:-

When a Feature Set or Plane is tolerated with a surface profile tolerance, and I have the "Analysis Textual" option on, then the number of hits are given for the feature, but not the ID of the hits.

Is it possible to get the ID as wel as the number of hits?

CHeers

John
    PC-DMIS 3.7 MR3
    sigpic If only all problems were so simple

Originally posted by Big John View Post
    Hello,

When I make a measuring report for our engineering dept, I get some complaints because the report is not clear for them. Their complaint is:-

When a Feature Set or Plane is tolerated with a surface profile tolerance, and I have the "Analysis Textual" option on, then the number of hits are given for the feature, but not the ID of the hits.

Is it possible to get the ID as wel as the number of hits?

CHeers

John
    PC-DMIS 3.7 MR3
    Aren't the XYZ Locations given for each hit? They are on mine. The location is more important than the hit number. They will report in the same order as they were taken so line 3 of the text analysis is hit 3 and so on.

I don't think there is a way to individually ID hits in a profile. To do that you have to tolerance them individually. I do this a lot for circular profiles where we want to pin point areas of 'concern'. There may be some secret in PC DMIS to do that but I don't think so.

HTH,
    Bill Jarrells
    A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. - Mark Twain

Comment

Dimension, Report Command, Point Info. Select the feature, then select which hits you want displayed and what info about each hits to display.
      sigpic GDTPS - 0584

Comment

Hey Inspector 212 that info was a good improvement over what I new to do. But the info still does not get into the texual analysis portion of the written report.
        As far as I can see we would need to provide a print out of the graphical display window to compare to the written report.
        ["Paper is poverty,... it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself." --Thomas Jefferson ][/SIGPIC]

Comment