sphere dia for probe calibration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sphere dia for probe calibration

using version 4.1 , where in the menus do i find the sphere dia for calibrating the probe . the ball is .750 but if i measure it i get reading of .748 ???

I'm confused. Are you looking for the measured results in the calibration? If so, click on the results button (see below).

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j2...untitled-5.jpg
    sigpic
    Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
    PCDMIS 2012
    Windows Office XP

Comment

If you're looking to change the diameter of the calibration sphere, go to Measure, then EDIT your tool (see below)...

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j2...ntitled1-1.jpg
      sigpic
      PCDMIS 2012
      Windows Office XP

Comment

got the results ok , but where in menus is the calibration sphere dia of .750 not the probe dia

Comment

I see it at the bottom of edit tool
          sigpic
          if you had soap on a rope it would be tied to yer ankle

Comment

Originally posted by joes64 View Post
            got the results ok , but where in menus is the calibration sphere dia of .750 not the probe dia
            I'm in METRIC rather than ENGLISH, but like TMiller said, it's at the bottom of EDIT TOOL.
            sigpic
            PCDMIS 2012
            Windows Office XP

Comment

Originally posted by joes64 View Post
              using version 4.1 , where in the menus do i find the sphere dia for calibrating the probe . the ball is .750 but if i measure it i get reading of .748 ???
              Before you go changing your sphere diameter...

.748 was measured with the cmm? Double check that with a micrometer. I'm going to guess that the mic. will show .750.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck View Post
                Before you go changing your sphere diameter...

.748 was measured with the cmm? Double check that with a micrometer. I'm going to guess that the mic. will show .750.
                Good point Gooluck. What is the "calibrated" diameter of your calibration sphere? That is the diameter you should be using.
                sigpic
                PCDMIS 2012
                Windows Office XP

Comment

yip got it sorted .... many thanks . someone had changed the sphere dia to .748 .I have put the calibrated dia back in again of .75005

Comment