Constructing a Feature?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Constructing a Feature?

I'm trying to construct a plane perpendicular to another plane, I'm hoping someone can tell if there is and easy way to construct the plane with the contructed features area?

I do the following. Maybe there is an easier way but I don't know off the top of my head. First, does the plane need to be in any particular location?

I'd align to the measured plane (level, set whatever as orgin). Next, I'd create three offset points and just make up some numbers for the offsets. So if the plane is leveled to z-plus and you want your constructed plane's vector to be y-plus I'd create points at -3,0,0; 3,0,0; 0,0,3. Then, I'd construct a plane from those three points.

Comment

Why not just construct a generic plane to the coords where you want it at?
      Xcel & MicroVal Pfx & Global 37mr4 thru 2012mr1sp3
      Contura Calypso 5.4

Lord, keep Your arm around my shoulder and Your hand over my mouth. Amen.

Comment

The bad part is that I'm working in body position & the plane need to relate back to another plane. The purpose of the plane is to measure some features to it. Heres a better idea of what I'm working with. I have a bolt pattern that is made by making a center line between the B & C datum then rotated 15degrees. The bolts are deminsioned parallel to that plane 25.5mm the other dimension is then shown to take that rotated center line & rotate it 90 degrees & dimensioned 43.7mm. So I need the construct plane to be depend on the original center line between the B & C datums.

Comment

Originally posted by ptedrum View Post
          The bad part is that I'm working in body position & the plane need to relate back to another plane. The purpose of the plane is to measure some features to it. Heres a better idea of what I'm working with. I have a bolt pattern that is made by making a center line between the B & C datum then rotated 15degrees. The bolts are deminsioned parallel to that plane 25.5mm the other dimension is then shown to take that rotated center line & rotate it 90 degrees & dimensioned 43.7mm. So I need the construct plane to be depend on the original center line between the B & C datums.
          Rotate and translate as necessary then create the Generic Feature. It will always be dependant on the current Alignment.
          Bill Jarrells
          A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. - Mark Twain

Comment

Assign values from the feature(s) that you want the plane relative to and construct your generic plane using those values. That should put your plane where you need it.
            Xcel & MicroVal Pfx & Global 37mr4 thru 2012mr1sp3
            Contura Calypso 5.4

Lord, keep Your arm around my shoulder and Your hand over my mouth. Amen.

Comment