emergency error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• emergency error

has anyone ever seen this emergency error. my cmm came on fine this morning and during calibration of tips it stopped and displayd this error.
    TR_GEB_Y, error at encoder signal Y-axis.
    i did a shut down and restart ofmachine and computer 4 times, it suddenly came back on, but then stopped again with the same error
    thanks
    kev

Worst case bad encoder (not sure if bad scale is same error but that would be worse). Best case, dirty scale or encoder.
    <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

What type of a machine? It doesn't say in your profile!

If it is an Xcel, you may have worn out the pads on the reader. Get a new reader head and you're good to go!

Jan.
      PC-DMIS/NC 2010MR3; 15 December 2010; running on 18 machine tools.
      Romer Infinite; PC-DMIS 2010 MR3; 15 December 2010.

Comment

B&S global status 7-10-7 phto t head tp20
        i wiped down the scales and restarted but no luck. i do have an old jogbox, maybe something in it???

Comment

Clean scales 1st & restart like Craig said
          sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

Don't forget to clean the encoder too.

Do yourself a favor and make sure the E-stop is down while doing this. I am just having you go after the cheaper solution first.

Comment

im not sure what the encoder is, or where it is at

Comment

It is what reads your scale. It travels with the bridge along the scale.

Comment

would the encoder be the thing that runs across the scale? how would you clean it, remove and replace?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Watts View Post
                    would the encoder be the thing that runs across the scale? how would you clean it, remove and replace?
                    I wouldn't remove it unless you have some learning time available to re-align it with the scale - it's not hard - but may take some time if you haven't done it before. Q-tip with some denatured alcohol should be good enough. Wipe the scales with a soft lint free cloth and denatured alcohol.
                    sigpic

Comment

If you have a maintence dept with an oscilloscope they could probably handle it. It can be tricky, but it's not brain surgery either. Had to replace on our microval which is alot easier then the 7107. Good luck
                      sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

ok, scales are clean, encoder is clean. we didnt remove it, but got it wiped down best we could. so we either have a bad(or still dirty encoder) or maybe in the jog box for the machine start button signal. when i press the machine start button, it lights up, but maybe it is not keeping the signal or something. im not sure that we are comfortable with removing the encoder as of yet.

Comment

just letting you all know that we took apart the jog box and found some loose connections, so we cleaned and reseated the connections and all seems to be well now.
                          thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Watts View Post
                            just letting you all know that we took apart the jog box and found some loose connections, so we cleaned and reseated the connections and all seems to be well now.
                            thanks
                            Or, it could be a loose connection in the jog box! BEER!!!!!!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Wipe them in one direction only!!!!! (this is mainly offered So that you do not "scrub" them).

DO NOT go BACK and FORTH at one spot trying to remove...say a fingerprint...(which should not be there to begin with, but somehow find a way on your scales from time to time).
                              Vegetables are what food eats

Here be the cards I was dealt
                              B&S Xcel
                              PC-DMIS 2011 We are all just beta testers

Comment