Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• print dimensions vs. part coordinates

Hey everyone,

I've got a small problem. I'm trying to dimension a part with 2 holes in it. The holes are positioned diagonally and I need the distance between the holes in relation to X axis. I've tried 2D distance parallel to the appropriate axis. I've also tried aligning to one of the holes and dimensioning the position of the other hole. Both of these nominals are 374.28 mm. On the print the basic dimension is 400.22. ARGH! Is there something I'm doing wrong? The print even gives the body position for the center of the 2 circles.

CIR1
    (X=1326.85)
    (Y=378.66)
    (Z=384.88)

CIR2
    (X=952.57)
    (Y=735.64)
    (Z=360.94)

Can someone please enlighten me.

Thanks,
    Homburgler
    sigpicHomburgler
    DEA Bravo Dual Arm | 3.5MR2
    B&S 7107 | 3.7MR3

Can you post some of the code and print?
    cut and paste it like this. Makes it easier to see. {QUOTE} but use the square[] bracket{/quote}
    What are you using to rotate your alignment to?
    Did you check the location using standard gages?
    Maybe the part is nonconforming....
    When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by homburgler View Post
      Hey everyone,

I've got a small problem. I'm trying to dimension a part with 2 holes in it. The holes are positioned diagonally and I need the distance between the holes in relation to X axis. I've tried 2D distance parallel to the appropriate axis. I've also tried aligning to one of the holes and dimensioning the position of the other hole. Both of these nominals are 374.28 mm. On the print the basic dimension is 400.22. ARGH! Is there something I'm doing wrong? The print even gives the body position for the center of the 2 circles.

CIR1
      (X=1326.85)
      (Y=378.66)
      (Z=384.88)

CIR2
      (X=952.57)
      (Y=735.64)
      (Z=360.94)

Can someone please enlighten me.

Thanks,
      Homburgler
      Please note they are different in all three axis so your alignment must not be through the holes.
      1) What are the Datums.
      2) If you set up to the datums what are the locations of each hole independantly?

I suspect your alignment.
      Bill Jarrells
      A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. - Mark Twain

Comment

Hard to see without alignment preceeding output; do jou have any line constructed between CIR1&CIR2, maybe leveled?
        Some Code might help...

Comment

Originally posted by John Kingston View Post
          Can you post some of the code and print?
          What are you using to rotate your alignment to?
          Did you check the location using standard gages?
          Maybe the part is nonconforming....
          I think John was trying to suggest that if you post code to wrap in the following tags:

[code] code goes here - When you wrap it in these tags, it will look like it does in pc-dmis and make it easier to review.[/code]

Comment

widgetinstance 190 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X