Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online / Offline

Good day to you all.

I was wondering if anyone can help me with a problem I have.

We've just had our new CMM installed with pc-dmis on it. We've had our basic training with pc-dmis and in a position to get on and use it.

The problem is when I go to open a new file, filling in the part name/number/revision boxes. there is only an Offline option, no Online!!!!

It's almost as if the software isn't seeing the Harware??

Has anyone had this problem before, or knows how to fix it?

Thanks for reading

Mark

Make Sure You Close All Previous Programs Before You Open Or Start
    A New One. Only The First Program Will Be Online, All Others Will Be "offline ".
    GLOBAL FX 12-15-10
    3.7MR3, XP/SP2
    EXCEL 12-20-10, 9-12-9, 7-10-7

Comment

Thanks, but this is definitely our first Program. No-one has done anything else yet.

Comment

I Would Shut Everything Down And Reboot. Whoever Installed Your
        Cmm Must Have Run A Program To Calibrate Or Verify The Machine.
        Also, It Would Help To Know What Machine, Hardware, Software Rev's Etc. Many Post This Info W/ Their Signatures So We Can Help
        More Effectively When They Have A Question.
        GLOBAL FX 12-15-10
        3.7MR3, XP/SP2

Comment

Make Sure Your Controller And Probe Interface Are On. Can You Move
          Your Machine And Head Manually.
          GLOBAL FX 12-15-10
          3.7MR3, XP/SP2

Comment

The machine and head both move manually yes!

and I apologise but all I know is that it's version 4.1 software on a Global machine. Please excuse my ignorance, I do appreciate your help.

Comment

Could this be a communication breakdown between machine and software?

Comment

When you do a file new or file open there is a box at the bottom called interface. Open that and you should have the option of cmm1 or offline. Thats what mine says. Click the one you want...HTH
                sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

Thanks, the interface bow has only an Offline option, this is what's confusing me

Comment

NO apologies needed we ALL need help w/ pc demons. If your installer
                    calibrated your machine did he have his laptop connected to it. Check that
                    he correctly reconnected your computer, you said its not seeing all of the hardware! I'm reaching here and looking at very basic problems.
                    GLOBAL FX 12-15-10
                    3.7MR3, XP/SP2

Comment

I think that's where my problem is. How would I check that my PC is connected to the m/c?

Comment

Follow the cables from your computer to your machine controller. Also make
                        sure all connections are secure on the computer, controller and probe head.
                        Did the installer run the machine w/ your computer right before he left?.
                        They usually use their laptop for all of their install/cal/ work.
                        GLOBAL FX 12-15-10
                        3.7MR3, XP/SP2

Comment

Yes, we've definitely had an online option through our PC at some point. I saw it for myself

Comment

Did you do a complete shutdown and reboot, if so I think you need to call
                            your installer back. I'm out of answers, it's also possible that something
                            got shutoff in dmis so that your computer can't see the machine, this could be
                            in your init.dat or anyone of a dozen other files. Call B&S, you should have a warranty.
                            GLOBAL FX 12-15-10
                            3.7MR3, XP/SP2

Comment

OK, Thanks for your help.

Have a nice weekend

Comment