CAD Hit Activation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAD Hit Activation

Ok, so I have this flat plate with holes in it......LOTS of holes....

I've gotten the alignment right, (Z+ Vector)

I've done 6 holes with the Purple icon for "Auto Holes" and the program will run those.

Then I did 15 more holes by clicking on them in the CAD (I put in a "Clear Plane" just ahead of the CAD identified holes, of .5).

When I "Execute" the program, ...it will run through the first six holes, but when it should move to Hole 7 (the first CAD identified hole), it stops, gives me a "out of ......." message, and sits there.

I realize that I haven't "physically" taken hits on the CAD identified holes yet, and I figure that's why it won't go do them.

What am I missing here? I don't want to have to do cartesian triplets on all 200 holes, I just want to click on the various holes on the CAD model, and tell the machine to go do them.

Since we spent only an hour or two in class on the topic of CAD programming, I'm a bit at a loss.

What is the trick to getting your onscreen CAD hits to run in a program?

-Soupy1957
    sigpic"I used to know what I was doing, but that was before I forgot!"

-Soupy1957
    PC-DMIS 4.2/4.3MR 1
    Tutor

List the code for the last hole that works and the first hole that doesn't
    Lately, it occurs to me
    What a long, strange trip it's been.

2017 R1 (Offline programming)

Comment

you may need to turn "surface mode" on...if it isn't already
      Which one gets ridden today? MPH vs MPG..tough choice, both are FUN
      sigpic

Starrett RGDC 4028-24 :alien:
      Demon vintages 3.7, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 2009

Comment

Are you talking about the out of machine parameters. If so check the depth of the hole is way off in z? But as john said post some code....

Hey john are you an old head?

Comment

Originally posted by spazus_maximus View Post
          Are you talking about the out of machine parameters. If so check the depth of the hole is way off in z? But as john said post some code....

Hey john are you an old head?
          Still playing in that heart of gold band.....
          Lately, it occurs to me

Comment

Wish i was up there in Washington. Cool area! One of these days i wanna move up to bc or atleast the northwest......

Let me guess..... in the aerospace industry?

Comment

Right, we machine large titanium (up to 150" long) parts.
              And yes, it is nice up her (but don't tell anyone. We have everyone convinced that it rains everyday)
              Lately, it occurs to me

Comment

Thread started at the end of the day Friday....it's Saturday morning now as I read this (DANG I'm a glutton for punishment), and I can't post any programming text at the house.

Monday I'll do a "copy/paste" of the transition from hole "A6" (done with the "Auto Hole" purple icon) and hole "A7" (done with CAD hits) for ya'll to scrutinize.

I'm guessing I simply need to insert a command to "go do it." (sounds like "surface mode" may be the key, although I'm not sure where to insert that command in the program or where to find that command).

As for the depth of the hole, I have that preset to .050 (plate is only .125) and that setting seems to work well with the cartesian holes (A1 - A6) that I set up.

Have a great weekend everyone...I'll be back on Monday morning with your requested "copy/paste"

-Soupy1957

-Soupy1957
                PC-DMIS 4.2/4.3MR 1
                Tutor

Comment

Did you touch off on the cad model while writing your alignment code? That is how the program will line up with the cad model. If you touch off with the mouse on the cad during the initial alignment then you should be able to touch on the cad during auto execution and the cmm will measure your holes at the correct location. By having the out of parameter error, I'd say this is the problem you are having.
                  sigpic

Comment

Maybe your CAD is over the edge of the CADMachine(Insert;Hardware definition;Machine)
                    If so, you should do: Edit; Preferences; Setup; Part/Machine; Part Setup - X Off, Y Off; Z Off... with these you put CAD within macine's parameters, so it can reach any element on CAD
                    Pitch and Rotation of Head is important( length of the Tip- A0B0 might be OK,
                    A90B0 NOK... or similar)

Comment

I think the problem may be two fold, based on your responses:

A) I'll have to check to see if "Surface Mode" is active (don't know where to find it, but I assume it is somewhere in "Edit/Parameters")

B) I know I didn't click on any part of the CAD during the alignment phase initially, so I'm wondering if I have to redo the whole program or if I can simply insert a CAD hit in the Alignment. (Where is the appropriate spot in the program to insert a CAD hit, say on Plane 1 or plane 2, if I can do that?)

-Soupy1957

-Soupy1957
                      PC-DMIS 4.2/4.3MR 1
                      Tutor

Comment

How did you do your alignment? Did you do an iterative alignment, a offset alignment with cad=part? If order to use cad you have to get the machine origin to eqaul the cad origin.
                        Kevin

Comment

I did a Manual Alignment, then a DCC alignment, and did NOT check off "CAD = Part" as I recall.

Then I ran the 6 holes with the "Auto Hole" (Purple Icon) and the balance of 20 more with the CAD hits.

-Soupy1957

-Soupy1957
                          PC-DMIS 4.2/4.3MR 1
                          Tutor

Comment

Here is the programming as I currently have it, from the A6 hole which was done as a Cartesian (Purple Icon) and runs, followed by the A7 Hole that I did by clicking on the CAD (which won't run, and generates an error message).

A6 =FEAT/CONTACT/CIRCLE,CARTESIAN,IN,LEAST_SQR
                            THEO/<0.1549,11.027,-0.0113>,<-0.016165,0.0008446,0.999869>,0.1409,0,0
                            ACTL/<0.1549,11.027,-0.0113>,<-0.016165,0.0008446,0.999869>,0.1542,0,0
                            TARG/<0.1549,11.027,-0.0113>,<-0.016165,0.0008446,0.999869>
                            ANGLE VEC=<0,0,1>
                            DIRECTION=CCW
                            SHOW ADVANCED MEASUREMENT OPTIONS=NO
                            SHOW_CONTACT_PARAMETERS=YES
                            NUMHITS=4,DEPTH=0.05,PITCH=0
                            SAMPLE HITS=3,SPACER=0
                            AVOIDANCE MOVE=BOTH,DISTANCE=0.75
                            FIND HOLE=NOCENTER,ONERROR=NO,READ POS=NO
                            SHOWHITS=NO
                            CLEARP/ZPLUS,0.5,ZPLUS,0,ON
                            A7 =FEAT/CIRCLE,CARTESIAN,IN,LEAST_SQR
                            THEO/<-12.6811,-12.7475,27.8919>,<0,0,1>,0.156
                            ACTL/<-12.6811,-12.7476,27.8918>,<-0.0000007,-0.0000007,1>,0.156
                            MEAS/CIRCLE,4,WORKPLANE
                            MOVE/CLEARPLANE
                            HIT/BASIC,NORMAL,<-12.6031,-12.7478,27.892>,<-0.9999948,0.0032272,0>,<-12.6031,-12.7478,27.8919>,USE THEO = YES
                            HIT/BASIC,NORMAL,<-12.6808,-12.6695,27.892>,<-0.0032255,-0.9999948,0>,<-12.6808,-12.6696,27.8919>,USE THEO = YES
                            HIT/BASIC,NORMAL,<-12.7591,-12.7473,27.8918>,<0.9999948,-0.0032272,0>,<-12.7591,-12.7473,27.8918>,USE THEO = YES
                            HIT/BASIC,NORMAL,<-12.6813,-12.8255,27.8918>,<0.0032255,0.9999948,0>,<-12.6813,-12.8256,27.8918>,USE THEO = YES
                            ENDMEAS/

How do I fix it so that the CAD Model hits run in DCC without erroring out?

-Soupy1957

-Soupy1957
                            PC-DMIS 4.2/4.3MR 1
                            Tutor

Comment

Since A1 - A6 holes were not "CAD" hits, and for the sake of uniformity, I have deleted A1 - A6 Cartesian hits, and have re-done them as CAD hits. Now A1 - (there are 215 "A-holes" so I'm still doing them), are all CAD hits.

From there, I'm not sure how to get it to run in DCC mode...

-Soupy1957

-Soupy1957
                              PC-DMIS 4.2/4.3MR 1
                              Tutor

Comment