Probe Calibration trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probe Calibration trouble

Got all four (the basic CMM package didn't include 6) converters loaded up with tips...

Got all four qualified at A0B0

Added angles to Tip4, no trouble

Went to Tip1 to add angles, and the machine moved to a position for checking A90B90 that was no where near correct for orientation to qualify A90B90.

Can't figure out "why"

-Soupy1957
    sigpic"I used to know what I was doing, but that was before I forgot!"

-Soupy1957
    PC-DMIS 4.2/4.3MR 1
    Tutor

By converters I assume you mean probe modules.
    I assume also you are using a probe changer.

I can't help. - sorry.

Comment

Are the modules tp200 or something else & are you using a tool changer ???
      sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

Originally posted by soupy1957 View Post
        Got all four (the basic CMM package didn't include 6) converters loaded up with tips...

Got all four qualified at A0B0

Added angles to Tip4, no trouble

Went to Tip1 to add angles, and the machine moved to a position for checking A90B90 that was no where near correct for orientation to qualify A90B90.

Can't figure out "why"

-Soupy1957
        Have you 'changed' location of your Cal Sphere?
        Are you using the correct Cal Sphere?

I have had this a few times. It seems to happen most frequently when I add a new angle within a program is some alignment other than machine zero and it seems PC DMIS gets confused or something.

I have never actually figured out what is causing it. If you do please let me know.
        Bill Jarrells
        A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Wingman View Post
          Have you 'changed' location of your Cal Sphere?
          Are you using the correct Cal Sphere?

I have had this a few times. It seems to happen most frequently when I add a new angle within a program is some alignment other than machine zero and it seems PC DMIS gets confused or something.

I have never actually figured out what is causing it. If you do please let me know.

I believe those are called enhancements
          sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

In the Measure Probe dialog box select MAN+DCC and calibrate then select DCC and calibrate. Should fix it.
            sigpic 1.61803399Δ
            ASSIMILATE INTERGRATE SYNTHESIZE

Comment

Originally posted by slesholdofthreep View Post
              In the Measure Probe dialog box select MAN+DCC and calibrate then select DCC and calibrate. Should fix it.
              That works - but when you have to do it on EVERY orientation it sux.

I eventually went another route but it sux too.

Hexagon should FIX the problem.
              Bill Jarrells
              A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. - Mark Twain

Comment

I agree. It does suck. How do you solve for this?
                sigpic 1.61803399Δ

Comment

Sux
                  Delete all offending tips.
                  Shut down and restart. Re home
                  Start new program from Machone Zero.
                  Calibrate A0B0 with move Sphere (reconnects to old calibration)
                  Redefine Angles and recalibrate.

The problems here are the connections to old calibrations (other modules). If you forget to move shpere after a re-home I understand that calibrations to prvious stuff is off. I have not tested this but it makes sense.

The problem with the other way (MAN+DCC) is that I have had PC DMIS 'correct itself and then the probes that were over-ridden in the first place are out again and I ended up chasing them around.

I attributed this to the fact that I am running two diff versions but I think it comes with the 4 series software.

Do you ever get a situation where PC DMIS 'correct's itself and the previous tip angle cause you trouble later on when you do the MAN+DCC thing?
                  Bill Jarrells

Comment

Sux is right. I see what ur saying now. When the repurcussions of MAN+DCC blow up in my face I do like you do. Add to this the fact that my camera is my primary probe and i can spend 5 ****ing hrs calibrating.
                    sigpic 1.61803399Δ

Comment

OUCH!!
                      Takes about 2 hrs to calibrate all probes I have.
                      The Mark Global Function helps in redefining tips (thanks to Hex for that!!)
                      Bill Jarrells

Comment

Do you ever get a situation where PC DMIS 'correct's itself and the previous tip angle cause you trouble later on when you do the MAN+DCC thing?
                        Another enhancement
                        sigpic 1.61803399Δ

Comment

Yes, I have not put the "Calibration Sphere" back where it was when I origionally did my 4 tip qualifications.

How can I locate (find) that origional position? (I had to move it, since it was interfering with parts that were needing the space on the table.

Can't I set the Calibration Sphere any ole dang place I want (lol) and do my additional angles?

-Soupy1957

-Soupy1957
                          PC-DMIS 4.2/4.3MR 1
                          Tutor

Comment

Tried to switch to Man + DCC and the A90B90 started out ok after I took my first manual hit on the 9 O'clock Center as instructed, and then it crashed after the 3 center-find hits.

-Soupy1957

-Soupy1957
                            PC-DMIS 4.2/4.3MR 1
                            Tutor

Comment

Wingman:

Can you walk me through:

"Calibrate A0B0 with move Sphere (reconnects to old calibration)
                              Redefine Angles and recalibrate."

A) What is "move Sphere?"

-Soupy1957
                              PC-DMIS 4.2/4.3MR 1
                              Tutor

Comment