Sub Routines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sub Routines

Has anyone used SubRoutines in PCDMIS successfully and regularly(Not scripts).

If so can you share how you used it(not the code, but situations).
    Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

I use them for spool land locations when I have say 5-7 of the same spool locations on one part I call the sub several times
    sigpic
    if you had soap on a rope it would be tied to yer ankle

Comment

Originally posted by cmmguy View Post
      Has anyone used SubRoutines in PCDMIS successfully and regularly(Not scripts).

If so can you share how you used it(not the code, but situations).
      Have always 'wanted' to need sub routines. I just have not seen an incident where I could not take care of it via other means - generally labels / it then's / goto's so I have never 'needed' to dig into them and even see if they would make my life easier or not.
      Bill Jarrells
      A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. - Mark Twain

Comment

I program the lands on one spool and make it a sub then recall it for all the others that are the same
        sigpic

Comment

I think sub routines are actually different PCMDIS programs that have specially marked or delineated steps that can be called from the current running programs. This, I suppose, would give you the ability to run/reuse common steps. That is what I am trying to figure out - how useful is it.

Comment

I like it.
            You make your program call an external alignment then when your done go to the start of program and insert sub .. they will not be able to be run as stand alone programs unless you delete the sub part. I don't have pcd running right now I also think you have to put a end sub at the end(where else)
            sigpic

Comment

When you call the sub, does the current alignment carry over? (not sure I was getting the part about the external alignment)

Do features measured in the sub show up on the feature list in the calling program? If they dont show up, can you still reference them or not?

Comment

They do not show up in the list I put the dims in the sub. But you can reference them. I call the external alignment up in the sub
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by T Miller View Post
                  ...I call the external alignment up in the sub
                  Why there?

Comment

I have the spools that use the same x y z so as I change to each spool the y location is the only thing that would change so I set y on the next spool save external and recall the sub and do the same for each spool.
                    sigpic

Comment