problem calibrating SP25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem calibrating SP25

I can't get any of my probes to calibrate. They will scan around the perimeter fine but when they go over the top it gets a deflection error like it thinks the sphere is lower than it really is. So I've tried rebuilding probe files, complete shutdown, man-dcc, dcc-dcc, different touch speeds. Yesterday a barrel probe got qualified on it and this is when no others would work. It also happens that the humidity was in the mid to upper 60's and now the temp in the room has gone from around 70 up to 78. Could it be the humidity affecting it or did that barrel probe do it. The barrel probe is the one i can get to go the farthest now and will only error out at the very end when it goes over the top of the sphere again. Sometimes they come so close to making it over and other times its a lot father down on the sphere when it errors.
    sigpicOn the Obama Express. Next stop, the soup line.

I do not know what kind machine and the version you are using , but you have to use always DCC+DCC for the calibration.

Another thing , before the LoadProbe/ command , there should be OptionProbe command which is defining probing force etc... Please check if you have a document as name PCDParams inside your computer , if so , fill the parameters to F10-Opt.Prob. section.

After this , define the probe equipments again , then try to calibrate it.

Important thing , in the calibration window , number of hits section should be greyed out. If you can change the number of hits , that means some of parameters are incorrect.

HTH
    sigpic
    Either seem as you are or be as you seem.M.J.Rumi

Comment

Using a Brown & Sharpe Global and 4.1

We use dcc-dcc all the time but was getting desperate for anything to work. I know the # of hits is greyed out but will check the other stuff.

Comment

I know this is gonna seem weird..... but do you calibrate inside a part program that uses the specific tip you are calibrating?

Comment

We calibrate ahead of the program for the specific tip. I tried to remove the parameters and put them back also. I also tried creating a new program and calibrate in that. Did not help. I had this problem a while back but was able to finally get a tip to calibrate and the rest followed. All was well until now.
          Last edited by Bass Assasin; 07-27-2007, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bass Assasin View Post
            Yes we calibrate inside the program for the specific tip. I tried to remove the parameters and put them back also. I also tried creating a new program and calibrate in that. Did not help. I had this problem a while back but was able to finally get a tip to calibrate and the rest followed. All was well until now.

Just curious why you would not qualify all tips before running program.
            sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

Originally posted by bw_bob View Post
              Just curious why you would not qualify all tips before running program.

Sorry, I corrected it. we qualify them before running the program. I think I'm losing my mind.

Comment