Input options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Input options

pretty new to the programming still, wanting to do some ASSIGNs to change values based on user input, but what I see in PC-DMIS is only the ability to do things like "Enter 1 for yes, 2 for no, 3 for idontcare" kinda stuff. Is there a way to do an input popup that I can have radio option buttons, multiple buttons, etc? Something a little more advanced and polished looking?

(Currently using v3.5mr2)

Thanks for any help!

~Kevin
    Last edited by kthompson; 07-25-2007, 09:29 PM.
    Kevin N. Thompson - Thompson Digital Image
    Quality Manager - Rj Link International

Yes, but I believe you would have to use scripting to accomplish this. Select View | Basic Script Editor. Press F1 inside the editor to open up the PCDBASIC help file. It provides examples of how to get started with scripting and how to use the language (though personally I find using the VBA editor in something like Excel easier to work with).
    Jared Hess - Techwriter @ WAI
    [View 2008 Reporting Tutorials Here]

Comment

I use a script for impression numbers that have buttons that you click and it will pass then to a tracefield. something like that?
      sigpic
      if you had soap on a rope it would be tied to yer ankle

Comment

If you want an easy way to do it, make a commentd and list the options as you said. Or you can develop a dialog form and insert that into the program. It will be VB so you will have to know a little bit about basic scripting.
        I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
        PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
        PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

What TMiller is describing sounds like what I'm looking for. I guess I'm going to have to install my VBasic Express and see what I can figure out, unless someone has a sample script they would like to share... it wont be exactly what I need, but it makes the 'figure out' process shorter... especially since my head is much older than it used to be...

thanks all!

~kev

Comment

You can try this one
            Attached Files
            sigpic
            if you had soap on a rope it would be tied to yer ankle

Comment

awesome! thank you... I'll play with that and see what I can come up with!

~kevin

Comment

RESOLVED ? ? ?
                sigpic
                Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
                PCDMIS 2012
                Windows Office XP

Comment

resolved? I haven't completed the script... like I said I'm learning it on the fly, plus I don't have VB available to me at work so I gotta do it on my time at home. I will get it, and I know now that VB is pretty much where I need to go with this. So that's all resolved I guess, I just don't have a completed script yet. But close enough to resolved for here... at the moment.

thanks all!

~kev

Comment

Gday,
                    Here in Aus VB is Beer ( Victoria Bitter ) is crap too by the way good for nothing Bloody Victorians..
                    the_cougar.JPG
                    Cheers The Cougar

Comment

Originally posted by kthompson View Post
                      resolved? I haven't completed the script... like I said I'm learning it on the fly, plus I don't have VB available to me at work so I gotta do it on my time at home. I will get it, and I know now that VB is pretty much where I need to go with this. So that's all resolved I guess, I just don't have a completed script yet. But close enough to resolved for here... at the moment.

thanks all!

~kev
                      Well, good luck with your mission. I haven't done much VB so I probably wouldn't be much help...
                      sigpic
                      Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
                      PCDMIS 2012
                      Windows Office XP

Comment