Good or Bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good or Bad

I inspected a part in 4.2 and do not know if it is good or bad. I need some help.

I have two bores. One is Datum and the other is on the same centerline (X and Y of 0)

I get the following three values:

4.2 Reporting No Fit To Datums

4.2 Reporting With Fit To Datums

4.2 Reporting using Legacy Dimensions

My tolerance is 0.5
    Is this part good or bad?
    GOOD
    50.00%
    BAD
    7.14%
    DON'T KNOW
    42.86%
    Bill Jarrells
    A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. - Mark Twain

Post your program.
    sigpicSummer Time. Gotta Love it!

Comment

First Go back to 3.7mr3!

Second: Are these TP Dimensions? We probably need more info....As Paul stated please post prg

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Sarrach View Post
        Post your program.
        Here is the section.
        Simple recall of alignment and report of feature.

Code:
                   RECALL/ALIGNMENT,INTERNAL,-DE-
        60 = TRUE POSITION OF ID59
                    FEATCTRLFRAME/SHOWNOMS=NO,SHOWPARAMS=YES,SHOWEXPANDED=YES
                    CADGRAPH=OFF  REPORTGRAPH=OFF  TEXT=OFF  MULT=10.00  OUTPUT=BOTH  UNITS=MM
                    COMPOSITE=NO,FIT TO DATUMS=NO,OUTPUT ALIGNMENT=Current Alignment
                       SIZE TOLERANCES/1,DIAMETER,81.7,0.4,0.4
                       PRIMARY DIMENSION/TRUE POSITION,DIAMETER,0.5,RFS,<PZ>,<len>,E,RFS,<dat>,<dat>
                       SECONDARY DIMENSION/<Dim>,<tol>,<MC>,,<dat>,<dat>,<dat>
                       NOTE/FCFLOC1
                    FEATURES/ID59,,
        60_WITH FIT = TRUE POSITION OF ID59
                    FEATCTRLFRAME/SHOWNOMS=NO,SHOWPARAMS=YES,SHOWEXPANDED=YES
                    CADGRAPH=OFF  REPORTGRAPH=OFF  TEXT=OFF  MULT=10.00  OUTPUT=BOTH  UNITS=MM
                    COMPOSITE=NO,FIT TO DATUMS=YES,OUTPUT ALIGNMENT=Current Alignment
                       SIZE TOLERANCES/1,DIAMETER,81.7,0.4,0.4
                       PRIMARY DIMENSION/TRUE POSITION,DIAMETER,0.5,RFS,<PZ>,<len>,E,RFS,<dat>,<dat>
                       SECONDARY DIMENSION/<Dim>,<tol>,<MC>,,<dat>,<dat>,<dat>
                       NOTE/60_WITH FIT
                    FEATURES/ID59,,
        DIM 60_LEGACY= TRUE POSITION OF CYLINDER ID59  USE AXIS=AVERAGE  REF LENGTH=0.000  UNITS=MM ,$
        GRAPH=OFF  TEXT=OFF  MULT=10.00  OUTPUT=BOTH  FIT TO DATUMS=OFF  DEV PERPEN CENTERLINE=OFF  DISPLAY=DIAMETER
        AX       MEAS    NOMINAL       +TOL       -TOL      BONUS        DEV     OUTTOL
        X      -0.200      0.000                                      -0.200           
        Z       0.089      0.000                                       0.089           
        DF     81.468     81.700      0.400      0.400      0.168     -0.232      0.000 
        TP                   MMC      0.500                 0.168      0.438      0.000 
        END OF DIMENSION 60_LEGACY

I see I left MMC on for the Legacy One but either way, it still gives a diff value.
        Bill Jarrells
        A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. - Mark Twain

Comment

Yes, it is good or bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Wingman View Post
            I inspected a part in 4.2 and do not know if it is good or bad. I need some help.

I have two bores. One is Datum and the other is on the same centerline (X and Y of 0)

I get the following three values:

4.2 Reporting No Fit To Datums

4.2 Reporting With Fit To Datums

4.2 Reporting using Legacy Dimensions

My tolerance is 0.5
            Is this part good or bad?

The 1st 2 I understand....what does legacy dimension mean
            sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

Originally posted by bw_bob View Post
              The 1st 2 I understand....what does legacy dimension mean
              The legacy Dimension is the feature in 4.2 where you report things as were done in previous versions of PC DMIS such as 3.7
              Bill Jarrells

Comment

I thought it was just the old format?

Comment

Originally posted by spazus_maximus View Post
                  I thought it was just the old format?
                  Exactly.
                  Bill Jarrells

Comment

My first thought would be to measure the feature on a surface plate if possible and determine which is correct from that.
                    Xcel & MicroVal Pfx & Global 37mr4 thru 2012mr1sp3
                    Contura Calypso 5.4

Lord, keep Your arm around my shoulder and Your hand over my mouth. Amen.

Comment

Originally posted by Wingman View Post
                      The legacy Dimension is the feature in 4.2 where you report things as were done in previous versions of PC DMIS such as 3.7
                      Thanks, I know what legacy means, but was not sure if BS did
                      I thought thats what they meant
                      Last edited by bw_bob; 07-25-2007, 01:54 PM.
                      sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

Originally posted by dwade View Post
                        My first thought would be to measure the feature on a surface plate if possible and determine which is correct from that.
                        Unfortunately, it isn't that easy. I am looking at what we call a tube. It is the Connection for a Coolant Fitting on the End of a Tank. D is recessed inside the edge of the tube by 3mm and is a 'ledge' of about 2mm width allthe way around. E is the inner Bore (76.1mm). It is located at a depth of 22mm to 30mm from the D Datum.
                        The Bore I am reporting is the Outer Bore and is only about 2mm good surface to capture.

I don't have the equipment to do this in a plate.
                        Last edited by Wingman; 08-29-2007, 08:07 PM.
                        Bill Jarrells

Comment

I beleive the .438 is correct based on the axes deviations from nominal, good part.

TK
                          sigpicHave a homebrew

Comment

When all else fails, simply align the the require datums and do a DIM-LOCATION to see the axial deviaitons. Then do the TP and see if the axial deviations match, THEN turn on the PERP to CL and see what the TP dev is, and go on from there. You should then be able to figure out which is correct.
                            sigpic
                            Originally posted by AndersI
                            I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Can we see the feature control frame for the callout?
                              v2010 CAD ++ Global Image 121510

Comment