4.2 Reporting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4.2 Reporting

If I want a Legacy Style Report in 4.2 am I stuck with Lagacy Dimensions? I am talking about the boxes where I input the tolerance / datums etc. Can I use 4.2 reporting there and still get legacy style (Text Only) reports.

Also, I just tried a comparison in 4.2 with legacy style dims vs 4.2 reporting and got stranger results.

I am in ABC Alignment. A is Primary Plane. B is secondary Line. C is tertiary Line. ORG is my Intersection Origin.

In Legacy Style I reported the Profile Of C (Tertiary Line) and I get 1.4mm

In 4.2 Reporting I Set A to Primary. B to Tertiary and did not set C Datum as the callout is to AB. I get -601 for a profile??? DO I need to set the Tertuiary to ORG? Now, if I do a Profile of Form Only I get 0.9 Profile but I want make sure the profile is forced square to Datum B and I have no way on knowing this for sure as the two reported values are different.

I know this has been discussed hopefully I can get some specific info here.

Thanks,
    Bill
    Bill Jarrells
    A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. - Mark Twain

OK, I used ORG as the third Datum and my numbers now correlate so I know I am on the right track. However, the callout on the Print is AB and now my report says ABC. There has to be a way around this, isn't there?
    Bill Jarrells
    A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. - Mark Twain

Comment

I really, really, really WANT to like 4.2 reporting. However, so far I don't.

The problems are so varied that it is difficult to come up with a good question. But,

1) How do I get an angle to a compliment or supplement of a feature? I have two features with a Nominal Angularity of 34° and I cannot seem to report anything but 56° unless I use legacy dimensions. Does 4.2 reporting allow this?

2) The best fit to datums looks like unprdeictable silliness to me at this point. If I have an X Location of a determined value and a Y location of a determined value then my TP should be predictable. However, I can get different values and cannot explain them. Usually, none of the values reported match the values reported when using legacy reporting. What is the point in this and how do I turn it off until I have need for it?

3) Even regular TP values are usually wrong (different than when using legacy reporting) and I suspect it is because the nominals are incorrect. However, all I get is a TP on the report and do not see any nominal locations. Changing them in the command line seems to have no effect even when I update the report. What is up with this? How do I get the a straightforward, predictable, provable, trustworthy values here.

4) Why do I have to have 4 different sets of data to get a TP Report? Size, Position, Datum Shift, and Summary? I don't need all of that.

Sorry to be a pain but I really WANT to like this 4.2 reporting because I think it will prove to be much more versatile if it can be mastered.
      Last edited by Wingman; 07-24-2007, 03:54 PM.
      Bill Jarrells

Comment