• Build probe

I need to build the following for auto calibration. Can this be done

A-90 B90
    Probe PH9
    Extension 100 mm
    Probe TP2
    extension 10 mm
    1X20 mm stylus

The probe will need to point in -Z (towards the table)
    Robert Horne
    Va.

knuckle_M2 on the 10 mm extension
    Robert Horne
    Va.

Comment

Should be no problem. The PH9 is not good for LONG setups but a 100MM Extensions should not create a problem.

I have a similar setup without the 100MM Extension. PC DMIS had my particular knuckle in stock. Check the size of the knuckle against yours.

I think you will HAVE to calibrate at 0,0 in addition to your 90,90.

What are you most concerned about?
      Bill Jarrells
      A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. - Mark Twain

Comment

I dont see where I can swing the knuckle in the probe definition list.
        Robert Horne
        Va.

Comment

Originally posted by robehor4 View Post
          I dont see where I can swing the knuckle in the probe definition list.
          OK, I am thinking Star Knuckle. 5 Way. Just put the stylus in the desired position only (Straight Back would be straight down with an A rotation of 90).

Not sure if there is a swivel in there - have never had occasion to use it.
          Bill Jarrells
          A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. - Mark Twain

Comment

Is it possible to build a 5 way & just leave empty what you don't need ????
            sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

Originally posted by bw_bob View Post
              Is it possible to build a 5 way & just leave empty what you don't need ????
              Yep,
              Just delete the ones you dont need out of the list. I always keep the #1 or the one that points to the Z- plus the one I do need.
              Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by kmcmm View Post
                Yep,
                Just delete the ones you dont need out of the list. I always keep the #1 or the one that points to the Z- plus the one I do need.

I was asking him if he could use a 5 way( ext)...............sorry for any confusion.
                sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

Originally posted by bw_bob View Post
                  I was asking him if he could use a 5 way( ext)...............sorry for any confusion.
                  That is what I suggested to him too. Would do the job. I have one installed.
                  Bill Jarrells

Comment

I don't know squat about TP2's but you may want to consider that you may not be able to take hits on all sides of this probe (5-way vs. 6-way probe). Specifically, if you are moving up in Z you may not be able to register a hit.

Comment

If you build it using a KNUCKLE_M2 you can rotate it by double clicking on the Connect:KNUCKLE_M2. You'll get the Edit Probe Component box and you'll see at the bottom the Default rotation angle. Type in 180 for a -z. In addition, you can rotate the knuckle "up and down" by double clicking on the Joint:knuckle and doing the same thing.
                      PCDMIS 3.7 MR3, 2010

Comment