Cylinders ~ Compond axises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cylinders ~ Compond axises

I have a hole thru a wall. The axis is not square or parallel to X,Y, or Z and the is no probe tip angle that follows the hole axis either. I must check it as a cylinder, True position in all 3 Planes A,B,& C.
    What I must do for probe tip access is check both ends as individual diameters with different tip angles, construct a cylinder from them, and then dimension the cylinder.
    Anyone know of an easier way to do this??? Anyway to do both ends within the cylinder?
    Any direction or feedback is greatly appreciated.
    sigpicThanks a Millionth

Originally posted by Gary Fitzgerald View Post
    I have a hole thru a wall. The axis is not square or parallel to X,Y, or Z and the is no probe tip angle that follows the hole axis either. I must check it as a cylinder, True position in all 3 Planes A,B,& C.
    What I must do for probe tip access is check both ends as individual diameters with different tip angles, construct a cylinder from them, and then dimension the cylinder.
    Anyone know of an easier way to do this??? Anyway to do both ends within the cylinder?
    Any direction or feedback is greatly appreciated.
    You CAN do it as a learned cylinder, you can put moves and tips and anything else you want between the hits, but if you have a tight tolerance, it is not a very good idea. Pcdmis will ONLY use the LAST tip diameter to calculate the cylinder from ALL the hits, no matter what tip was used for the hits.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Use vector points to measure your cyl.Then construct your cyl from those points.Use at least 3 levels in your cyl.

Comment

Put a gage pin in it and measure it as an outside cylinder (stud). You then have no worries about shanking out.

Bill

Comment

Or alignemt translate(if all three axis' are given), rotate to the multiple angles given and then create a "perfect" circle or cylinder feature. Report from that alignment also?
          sigpic

James Mannes

Comment